Sea of Green Spacing?

• Thread starter Calgreen
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

Calgreen

So Im going to be doing a sea of green next crop, and I was wanting to know from you guys who have done SoG before what is the best spacing. I was originaly going to do like 90 or so plants every 6" on a 4x8 table in a hydroton bed but Im not so sure of my self anymore. I think every 6" might be to close. I seen somewhere online say every 12 inches is best, would 6" work or would 9" be better? I was thinking about seeing how many plastic poly pots I can get on there and going that route, so I could pull some plants out to access other and do any rearanging if necesary. Although a bed of almost 100 plants would be tight if it would work.

sedate

sedate

Choosing your SoG density is kinda of strain dependent, IMHO.

I haven't run one in years and years - but I used to use 1qt square planters and place them up against each other - so it would work out to about 4 per square foot.

Drop in a clone, veg for a five days just to put down some starter roots and flip.

C

Calgreen

OK 4 per sq/ft would be roughly 6" in between plants, right? I was gonna veg for a week maybe less just till I start to actualy see that the plants are starting to grow properly in their new home. Its just that I have grown for about 4 years back home, and now in Cal with my boys and our space is a little limited for now, so were trying something different, till we can get enough money to get the equipment to move to our bigger room. Its a little unnerving doing something so radically different from what I have been doing.

C

Calgreen

Does anyone have experience with SoG in hydro, Im guessing most people who are doing hydro are using buckets or NFT, am I right?

S

Sizzla

32-35 per 4x4 under a 1000 , two weeks veg is rule of thumb second week of 12/12 strip bottom 2/3 of each to create a nice single top. If you're running beds might sqeeze 40 in there.

R

rickisonline

I'm thinking of setting a system up in a 4' x 6' ebb and flow table. Kind of an experiment so I can get caught up on meds for patients. I'm planning on using rockwool 4x4x2.5 with hydroton in the space between. I am a little concerned with the amount of light I will be using. Think a 600 will be adequate?
What are you planning to use?

C

Calgreen

I'm thinking of setting a system up in a 4' x 6' ebb and flow table. Kind of an experiment so I can get caught up on meds for patients. I'm planning on using rockwool 4x4x2.5 with hydroton in the space between. I am a little concerned with the amount of light I will be using. Think a 600 will be adequate?
What are you planning to use?

No you would want at least a 1000w. Two sixes might be enough, but I just got done using 2 sixes on a 4x8 and Im gonna be adding another light next time.

T

Tbc

So Im going to be doing a sea of green next crop, and I was wanting to know from you guys who have done SoG before what is the best spacing. I was originaly going to do like 90 or so plants every 6" on a 4x8 table in a hydroton bed but Im not so sure of my self anymore. I think every 6" might be to close. I seen somewhere online say every 12 inches is best, would 6" work or would 9" be better? I was thinking about seeing how many plastic poly pots I can get on there and going that route, so I could pull some plants out to access other and do any rearanging if necesary. Although a bed of almost 100 plants would be tight if it would work.
I get six plants in 3 inch rockwall cubes on a 205 there about 3 inches apart and I've had phenom all results .ok

Mr Bee

Mr Bee

The closer they are -meaning higher plant numbers-the less the veg time.its really a personal choice how close u put em.you could have em 2 feet apart and still do a sog.youd just need to veg a bit longer and tie stuff down a bit.

T

Tbc

The closer they are -meaning higher plant numbers-the less the veg time.its really a personal choice how close u put em.you could have em 2 feet apart and still do a sog.youd just need to veg a bit longer and tie stuff down a bit.
Correct sir

Top Bottom