Sea of Green Strain Recommendations

• Thread starter muir
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
muir

muir

With the lowest tier recreational licensing allowing for a 3600 plant count and my smaller business model, sea of green is coming back to style.

Any recommendations for SOG stylie?

muir

muir

Thanks for the advice. I've been growing for 26 years, know how to do it but have been running LARGE plants since 08 and all my genetic selection are to suit that. Looking for strain/cutting selections/recommendations.

summitoker

summitoker

with the strains i grow, i know that the daywrecker tends to grow lots of golf ball nugs all up and down the plant, the leaves are not so dense that the lower bud sights still receive nice light and grow well.
With the CO Tangerine, a bigger plant that is not trimmed will grow lots of worthless fluff buds down low with few ok nugs up top. Now with some serious pruning for bud growth, the tangerine responds and grows nothing but monster dense colas up top. If i was doin a SOG i would go with tangerine clones and prune all the bud sites off up to the tip at 5-7 days into flower.
So think about what strains you have and how they grow......

B

boston

Everything I have grown whith sour d in it
worked wonderful in sog

Flip 2 weeks from clone finish @18-24"

I do better with big plants though

grayarea

grayarea

Thanks for the advice. I've been growing for 26 years, know how to do it but have been running LARGE plants since 08 and all my genetic selection are to suit that. Looking for strain/cutting selections/recommendations.

Who are you growing it for ?

if its for cash just grow what you know yields and sells the fastest from what you have available to you .

sog isnt really a ball and chain for strain types some just yield more then others.

muir

muir

I will be growing it for myself to sell on the recreational market. My coming license allows a 3600 plant count. I would like to take advantage of the ability to grow high plant counts that I did back before medical. When I mono cropped and ran SOG I was wickedly more productive and had very little veg. I have plants that I will continue to culture in the way I do now but I could hit 2.5/kWplus with the correct selections via SOG
Who are you growing it for ?

if its for cash just grow what you know yields and sells the fastest from what you have available to you .

sog isnt really a ball and chain for strain types some just yield more then others.

muir

muir

I am wanting more intense than 1/sf. When I first grew I rand flood tables and rochwool. very high numbers. not quite like that but maybe rose buckets on drips stacked pretty tight. Flowered plantlets, 18-24.
'

turbo14

turbo14

9 to 12 per light begged 2.5 -3 weeks. 6" rock wool cubes, 1 flood per day for 15 minutes until week 4 of flower then on to two floods per day.

Enjoy

turbo

grayarea

grayarea

I am wanting more intense than 1/sf. When I first grew I rand flood tables and rochwool. very high numbers. not quite like that but maybe rose buckets on drips stacked pretty tight. Flowered plantlets, 18-24.
'

not for what your doing . if you were going to mono crop a strain or 2 that would work but people want variety which means highs and lows. more chill to run variety at 1per square foot then to run them like they are a skunk #1 type strain. gives you more options strain wise . i have better luck with more strains then with less cause i dont take things as personally when people dont like what i grow. when u mono crop a 3600 plant crop and it doesn't sell your feelings are gonna be hurting . with variety at 1per square ft that doesn't happen as much unless you really mess up .its just a more plant and people friendly number ime.

grayarea

grayarea

hes talking strain not technique you think you'd read that by now.

anything stalky really. bubba/kushes do well with little veg, just run a shitload per sq ft as opposed to something thatll branch out like Chemdog D or whatever
Chemdog D is my favorite strain and i pay extra for it .

BubbaG

BubbaG

Lmao also. I know you said never mind, but I had a pheno of northern lights that would have ruled the SOG bro. Out of 6 beans of 303 Aurora project, I wound up with 3 similar phenos that loved to be crowded and would send up a single massive cola. I wanted to do a production run with that gal, but lost my mother tents to mites.... I live in the woods and go for hikes.... Think I did to myself.... I bet it would have been scary.

I still have 6 beans and will be popping. If she shows up again ill set her aside if you want.

SpiderK

SpiderK

n.l. #5 / haze ....

Nl haze

Last edited:
Mr.Sputnik

Mr.Sputnik

NL, widow, grapefruit, and kush/afghani and subsequent hybrids of these strains have worked for me. It's all about pheno selection. Grapefruit x Island sweet skunk lollipopped nicely too.

LEDSMOKE

LEDSMOKE

Threads a bit old but for sog

Mental floss
Gfxbb

both by chimera.

Floss if you want yield

homebrew420

homebrew420

Just an FYI for all the folks on the newer side of things here, it is always wise to look into who it is you are giving an answer to. IE., this thread started by @muir. He is a very well known farmer here and has a good grip on what to do. hahaha no need to ifnorm him or other well known farmers the ins and outs of growing. haha Just a little ball busting fun.

I think Cherry Lime haze, Tange Haze and Legend og, FTW!!

Peace

Latest posts

Top Bottom