Hi everyone! I'm building 4 identical sealed rooms:
  • 20x20 room
  • 16 x 500W LEDs
  • 2 x 15gL/day dehumidifiers
  • Injected CO2
  • mini split ACs (4000w each)
  • exhaust (no intake)
  • everything is going to be hooked up on automatic controllers
Never done it before. Mostly got everything figured out, could use some more info for this:
  1. From what I researched, it's best to vent only few times during lights off (venting complete room). Or would you hook it up to be activated by humidistat?
  2. I plan on 2 mini split AC's. 4000w should be more than enough to cool 8000w of LED. Other one I was planning to hook up as a heater. Is that correct way to go? In general, do you experience low temperatures in rooms? I have double walls (building inside building) and winter time lowest is rarely around 45 outside.
  3. Do you experience lack of humidity in sealed rooms? I had vented rooms in 35-40% humidity ratio that was coming from outside, so when it's colder humidity is lower. Since there is no intake, how would that impact sealed room?
  4. I'll check with AC guys, but hooking up 2 way split AC intake with UV or HEPA filter should be possible?
Thanks everyone!

Last edited:
J

JeanMichel

1. Never vent your room, it's useless, plus you want to exhaust without an intake ? Where will the air replenish in the room, from the slit under the door ?
2. It will never be enough unless you have -40degree C outside. 8000W of leds is 8000w of heat
Outside temp alway influence more or less the temp inside the room, is it cold year round where you live?
3. You will need a few humidifiers for the first weeks. Then some dehumidifiers for the flowering (at night)
4. Why do you want a HEPA filter ? invest in some high grade AC, rockwool, co2 equipments .. rather than wastin money in these, thats my advice

Top Bottom