sealed glass bho extraction-glass butane recovery system

• Thread starter oil monster
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
O

oil monster

i'm about to make a sealed glass bho extraction tube with a glass butane recovery system, its a little tricky and i was wondering if any one has tryed? HX

E

einstoned

Dude- better think about that very carefully. Quartz would be needed to handled the heat cycles and pressures. Price it out and then use stainless. Safety man! However- if you want to be cool there are some translucent plastics (basically pure teflon) that are lab grade and can handle just about any solvent/acid up to 100 psi. Einstoned

Graywolf

Graywolf

The pressures in our stainless system range from minus -29.9 inches Hg, to about 20 psi positive.

We routinely pull our glass dessicant system to -29.9" Hg (minus ~15 psi), and clearly it will deal with 20 psi positive. I don't see why your system couldn't be made to work.

squiggly

squiggly

Ive got to second that glass pressure systems undergoing temperature changes like this are many orders of magnitude more dangerous than stainless. If you dont have a team of engineers, or arent one yourself--id strongly recommend against this.

Ever after

Ever after

can you apply a telfon method instead of glass?

like using teflon bags?

Graywolf

Graywolf

can you apply a telfon method instead of glass?

like using teflon bags?

FOAF has an excellent post on the use of Teflon bags, but you still need a vacuum chamber for them to sit in. The vacuum chamber could made of anything rigid and stong enough.

Top Bottom