Sealed Grow - CO2 Positive Air Pressure Problems?

• Thread starter Mr_Marley_Jim
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

Mr_Marley_Jim

Hey Farmers,

I'm in the process of setting up my first sealed room and I had a question concerning my CO2 Burner...

Will the added CO2 create enough positive air pressure to cause any problems? Anyone have any experience with this?

I was also wondering if you guys would give the thumbs up on growing Chemdog D S1 Trees...? Vertical lighting of course... But can the strain produce enough in this setting?

And they're Cali Connect fem seeds ...

Peace!:damnhippie:

B

bingiman

I run my 14 light rooms with a 5 ton a/c's and 8 burner generators and do not have any issues with pressures. Humidity is a whole different ball game though.

M

Mr_Marley_Jim

Thanks bingiman! Would you mind sharin some more info on your rooms?

Are you running completely sealed w/ bare bulbs?

I've got a 70 pint dehumidifier ready to go to work...

10kw HPS Vertical Bare Bulbs...

3 ton a/c... (I only run lights at night and the garage stays really cold, I should be good)

B

bingiman

yes, completely sealed on both rooms. One room with 14 lights placed vertically and 14 horizontal (no venting) in the other. both rooms have 5 tons in them. 8 burner cap gen 2 co2 generator in each room connected to natural gas supply. sentinel chhc - 1's controlling the atmosphere in the rooms. the a/c's suck so much moisture from the rooms (each is 12 by 25 built inside a warehouse) that I have two hydro foggers in each room as well and in use until final ripening stage (last two weeks). I like to keep humidity at around 55 % until then.

M

Mr_Marley_Jim

Nice! I'm anticipating a need for some foggers as well... I've heard of the barebulbs and a/c dropping rh down to 20%...

Thanks again brotha!

E

elBarracho

What seer rating are your AC's? Do you have a reference as to whether and to what degree they increased your power consumption. They reason I ask is that I have two 5 tons sitting in storage. I used to run closed systems back east in a situation where power consumption was not an issue. I would like to get them rolling again,but I think they are only 10 seer; I don't want to get a heart-a choke from seeing a $2ooo increase.

M

Mr_Marley_Jim

El Barracho - I've only got one a/c unit and it's 18.5 Seer... To be honest, I haven't calculated how much it's going to increase by electric bill... I just made sure I have a fat stack set aside just for the electric bill the next few months... lol

Besides, the bills come out a month after usage so you really don't have to float it that long till you get your $$$ back...

Good Luck Bro!

F

Farmer Jon

Premium Member
Supporter
Heya Mr. Marley,
I noticed you said "the garage stays really cold" make sure to have your temps around 85when the lights are on to get the full effect of a co2 enriched enviroment. At this temp the stomata are fully open and are using all the available co2 efficiently.

M

Mr_Marley_Jim

Jon - I think 85 might be a little warm for my ladies, but I should be able to dial it in to exactly what I want whenever I want so I'll definitly be doing some tests...

Thanks for the input.

W

watercooled

Marley, I agree with Jon. Temps at 85-90 for most strains when running 1500ppm of CO2.

Also, to the original question, I too have no issue when adding the CO2 to a propane. I'm sure there is slight positive pressure and it must be seeping somewhere I havn't found it though

M

Mr_Marley_Jim

Really???

85-90 Degrees?

Any other resources for this? I mean I knew that 80 wouldn't be an issue with CO2 supplementation, but is 85-90 really optimum?

I'll probably need some heavy duty foggers if thats the case, my humidity would plummit...

Also, I've got a new question:

Any disadvantage to getting an oversized CO2 burner? I'd be more than covered with a blu-ox 8 burner... But there isn't much of a price difference than the 16 burner... That way I'd be covered for the next expansion... I'm assuming that the 16 burner would just run less often... Anything I'm missing?

***The burner will be outside of the sealed room

M

MJPassion

Yep 85-90 deg would be ideal for CO2. When it's that warm the plants can really assimilate it and turn it into product fast! ;) CO2 is essential for photosynthesis to occur.

If you reach 1500 PPM for CO2 in your grow room you are allowed an increase of temperature to 95 degrees Fahrenheit because the increased CO2 allows cannabis plants to grow in these temperatures without stressing them.
Cannabis Grow Bible by Greg Green, pg 92

M

MJPassion

And I'm not sure about your new ?...

I'd say calculate your usage... will a 16 burner produce too much for your current room at it's minimum burn rates?

W

watercooled

I like to over build the burners, just need a good way of controlling the burn!

An agrowtek is an option I've tried and like. you can set it to turn on at X PPM and turn off at Y PPM, so in my case, it turns on at 1400 and off at 1401. Of course there is a delay between the time the sensor reads the new PPM, so it over shoots it and I end up at 1600 or so. It's only on for a couple seconds. I like it that way since it does not give the casing enough time to heat up and cause a heat / condensation issue.

J

jakehowdy

Defenitly keep it 85 and up. I've got 707 Headbands that are 5 feet tall and monsters about two weeks out, they love co2 and run at about 88. I run it at 1500 until the last few weeks then cut it down to around 1000ppm.

sdog

sdog

hey jim just wanted to let you know that 85 is perfect temp if you bump your co2 levels to around 1100 to 1500 ppm. if you keep it consistint the plants will thrive like never before but then again you have to adjust your nutrient levels to keep the high domand from you vigorous plants \.. good luck

Latest posts

Top Bottom