Sealed room ever vent

• Thread starter bakershredhead
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

bakershredhead

Just wondering on sealed room. Do you ever vent the old co2 at all? I understand the concept that a growing plant will use co2 and release oxygen so should I need to ever vent the old stale air? I have my charcoal filter that I used for venting but do you just close the ducting off and run the filter 24/7 without ever venting?

Galt

Galt

Yes, you definitely need to change the air. All plants exude gases and oils. Beside the smell build-up there can be an accumulation of ethane and methane that can damage the crop.

Galt

Galt

I use the Intelliclimate Climate Controller and "minimum air change" rules are as follows:

Force fan ON for Day: 2 mins 0 secs every 1 hrs 30 mins
Night: 0 mins 30 secs every 4 hrs 0 mins

This will force an air change if the fans have not been operating for other reasons.
This will expel humid stale smelly air and bring in ambient CO2. You may want to
change these settings between winter and summer.

It is good practice to allow minimum air change even when air conditioning is active
to expel methane and other stale smelly air.

Galt

Galt

The controller will anticipate when venting is required and will minimise wastage by stopping CO2 injection well before venting starts.

530 gotta grow

yes but you wont t vent the old air when thelights are off but only if yoy are using co2

D

doubleds

NO...... You do not ever vent your grow room. you dont need to. A/Cs control cooling/humidity, dehumidifiers control humidity and co2 monitors the amount in ppm of co2.

I havnt vented in 10 years.

dds

heavydutykevork

heavydutykevork

Premium Member
Supporter
Nope jus a scrubber runnin 24hrs and chhc-1 1350ppm co2 and golden...like Double says.

D

DoubleDub

I agree with doubleds....
I have not vented in about 3 years...

But I never heard of harmful gases. Methane and ethane?

N

noone88

I used to vent during night cycles in a sealed room to incomplete combustion (carbon monoxide). However, I have since stopped it and have not noticed any change.

E

edux10

after reading those first posts, a little confused.

how could a "sealed room" possibly be vented?

JACKMAYOFFER

JACKMAYOFFER

Playing with Fire Son...
Supporter
No do not vent a sealed room..

D

doubleds

Hi guys

i urge everyone to have an emergency exhaust and intake fan hooked up to a thermometre, if your a/c fails halfway through your grow your system will kik on and exhaust out the hot air and you can finish up your grow until you can fix your a/c.

dds

jah_hoover

jah_hoover

Hi guys

i urge everyone to have an emergency exhaust and intake fan hooked up to a thermometre, if your a/c fails halfway through your grow your system will kik on and exhaust out the hot air and you can finish up your grow until you can fix your a/c.

dds

Kool idea m8:bong-hits:

N

noone88

Some light controllers have high temp shutdown features as well.

Galt

Galt

Errm, sorry for the misinformation in that case, dds. I was basing my statements off direct quotes from the manafacturer and engineer of the Autogrow Systems Intelliclimate controller:
http://www.autogrow.com/1_intelliclimate/intelliclimate.html
with whom I've been in contact with via email and which I just paid 2k for. :(

Perhaps he's never grown before...

Safe to say I'm thoroughly confused at this point. I posed the same question to Dr. Lynette Morgan and Steven Carruthers, so we'll see what they have to say...

Once again, my apologies. Feel free to delete my posts.

B

bakershredhead

So I should still have my vent fan hooked up in case of an a/c malfunction but I don't need to vent the old co2, I guess I'll put a 6 inch scrubber in the room today and see how it goes.

Top Bottom