Sealed room issues.

• Thread starter Ell01
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Ell01

Ell01

Hi Guys, my first post on forums so go easy on me😆

I have recently set up my first ever sealed room ( 5years experience running vented rooms) room size is 3mx2.5m, 9kw split AC system, bottled c02@900ppm and 6x 600w MH/HPS. I am running canna nutes+ cal+mag and Epsom salts with eco thrive coco.

Around 7 days ago I moved my plants( triangle octane seed junky)from my vented grow room all plants were 100% healthy and thriving. Within 24hours of moving to my sealed room my plant stalks were turning purple and plants were severely stressed. My temps are 27-29c and RH is 70-85% VPD is pretty much on point. I upped my feed EC to 1.8 and gave everything a good flush with Ph run off between 5.5-6.0 and EC between 2.3-2.8.

Here are some pics of my plants 7 days after moving to my sealed room. Things appear to be deteriorating quickly and I have no idea why. I have also been exhausting my room every 3 hours to try and remove any potential offgassing build up in the room but doesn’t seem to be doing anything. All I’m thinking now is to install a small fresh air intake and run a hybrid system but sort of defeats the point of running a sealed room.

Please if anyone has experienced this and knows of a solution I would hugely appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks for reading

Sealed room issues
Sealed room issues 2
Sealed room issues 3
Sealed room issues 4
Sealed room issues 5
Sealed room issues 6
Sealed room issues 7
Sealed room issues 8
Dr.B

Dr.B

There is no fresh air intake at all?

I run a sealed... Tent but it still sealed I know because my air pressure is a daily fan adjustment. That tent only breathes through the intake. You can filter the intake and add an inline fan, then you are still effectively "sealed" light, bugs, particulate etc. but your girls can breathe!

I'm not sure what exactly the issues are here, theres a lot going on but I would consider lowering your e.c drastically while you get a handle on this.

Homesteader

Homesteader

I don't think it is off gassing. How much epsom are you using?
Im a soil grower who runs sealed, and Ill try to help.
Looks like a nutrient/pH issue to me.
Ill read it again and see if I missed something.

Homesteader

Homesteader

Do you need epsom? Are you not getting enough mag with your calmag? Excess mag will lock out calcium and potassium.

Last edited:
Ell01

Ell01

There is no fresh air intake at all?

I run a sealed... Tent but it still sealed I know because my air pressure is a daily fan adjustment. That tent only breathes through the intake. You can filter the intake and add an inline fan, then you are still effectively "sealed" light, bugs, particulate etc. but your girls can breathe!

I'm not sure what exactly the issues are here, theres a lot going on but I would consider lowering your e.c drastically while you get a handle on this.
Hi bro thanks for your time.
I have an exhaust fan set to come on if temps get above 32c(Ac fails) but no intake fan. I supply bottled c02 through a controller to regulate my c02 levels in theory I shouldn’t need a fresh air intake.

Ell01

Ell01

I don't think it is off gassing. How much epsom are you using?
Im a soil grower who runs sealed, and Ill try to help.
Looks like a nutrient/pH issue to me.
Ill read it again and see if I missed something.
Hi bro, thanks for the response.
I have a vented room next door feeding the exact same nutes with pretty much the exact same temps and humid but only difference is I’m using a intake fan from outside for fresh c02 Instead of bottled. This room is 100% healthy and thriving.

Homesteader

Homesteader

Hi bro, thanks for the response.
I have a vented room next door feeding the exact same nutes with pretty much the exact same temps and humid but only difference is I’m using a intake fan from outside for fresh c02 Instead of bottled. This room is 100% healthy and thriving.
Regular sheetrock or what for the walls?
Paint?

Ell01

Ell01

Can you reduce light intensity at all temporarily?
I have raised lights today and dimmed half to 250w and half to 400w, I’m not getting any Large fan leaf curling though which I’ve had before due to heat/light stress which makes me think it is not a light intensity issue.

Ell01

Ell01

Regular sheetrock or what for the walls?
Paint?
3 of the walls are brick insulated walls the other is a plasterboard wall insulated with 100mm cellotex, the whole room is black and whited with all gaps foamed and taped.

Dr.B

Dr.B

Hi bro thanks for your time.
I have an exhaust fan set to come on if temps get above 32c(Ac fails) but no intake fan. I supply bottled c02 through a controller to regulate my c02 levels in theory I shouldn’t need a fresh air intake.
In theory. I'm not sure on this one bud. Might just be too drastic a change from one environment to the next. Maybe a middle ground environment in the short term to allow them to acclimate.?? Sorry. You'll get what you need for info here, someone knows better than I lol

Homesteader

Homesteader

How long ago did you foam? Did you put the plants in within 72 hours?
Was this just foam out of a small can or A + B?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I have a sealed room never vented because I use bottles gas. You VPD is not correct I can say that for sure. There is some signs of heat and light stress and the plants are not transpiring enough to cool themselves. Basically shutting down transpiration.

Do you have an IR temp gun?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

In theory. I'm not sure on this one bud. Might just be too drastic a change from one environment to the next. Maybe a middle ground environment in the short term to allow them to acclimate.?? Sorry. You'll get what you need for info here, someone knows better than I lol
Yes partially this. I agree 💯%

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Always lower light intensity when moving plants and slowly raise it back up. Light drives growth and stepping on the gas hard with a knock in the engine is a good way to throw a piston.

Last edited:
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

In term of vpd please read this. Sorry but lazy to go through it. If you have questions or don't see where it's wrong in your room just ask after.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Higher humidity is ok to ease stress but you also need to lower the light intensity or the transpiration suffers. I should have added this to the post I linked but hindsight is 20/20 I took for granted light intensity was optimal.

What I do when I see plant stress in this order.

Lower light intensity first and foremost.

Raise humidity to the lower range of KPA recommendation for stage of growth.

Find and correct the issue before increasing light intensity or KPA then slowly work back

Ell01

Ell01

Higher humidity is ok to ease stress but you also need to lower the light intensity or the transpiration suffers. I should have added this to the post I linked but hindsight is 20/20 I took for granted light intensity was optimal.

What I do when I see plant stress in this order.

Lower light intensity first and foremost.

Raise humidity to the lower range of KPA recommendation for stage of growth.

Find and correct the issue before increasing light intensity or KPA then slowly work back
Hi Aqua, thanks for taking your time to have an input.

I have just done all these and will post up results (if any) in the next couple days. I’m running the TrolMaster controller with full control of all environmental factors so should be able to dial the points you’ve made fairly quickly. I’m guessing I’ve just super stressed them out from going to such extreme condition change.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Hi Aqua, thanks for taking your time to have an input.

I have just done all these and will post up results (if any) in the next couple days. I’m running the TrolMaster controller with full control of all environmental factors so should be able to dial the points you’ve made fairly quickly. I’m guessing I’ve just super stressed them out from going to such extreme condition change.
They literally had no transpiration in those conditions. I think the VPD is the main culprit, exasperated by the light intensity.

Top Bottom