Sealed Room Question For MPB

• Thread starter MediMary
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

MediMary

Im a little confused, if someone could answer a question for me, How can a room be totally sealed? For instance if the room is fairly air tight, and you have a several window type ac units(dont have the cash for the split right now) Without an exhaust fan/vent in the room, wont there be a positive air pressure in the room, what problems does that create if any, also if air is pulled from the room outside through the ac, will the smell of cannabis be distinct standing outside next to the ac unit, and how would that effect the co2 injection :icon_spin:
Thanks greatly for the help.

L

Lost

A window a/c pulls in air from the room its cooling and removes the water thus cooling the air. So basically the window a/c is a closed circut. Its no different from putting a fan in a room. It does not create positive pressure overall because the air pressure in the room remains the same. The reason part of the a/c is outside is to vent to heat. It does not take in air from the outside in any way.. :)

ALLegal420

ALLegal420

Premium Member
Supporter
Like lost said... The 'cool-side' is circulating and cooling the air within the room (no air pulled in or out of the room). The 'hot-side' or outside part is circulating the outside air and is heating up the air (exhaust side).
If your building a room within a room then you will need to vent the 'hot-side' of the wall A/C outside so you don't heat up the Rez and other equipment in the outter room. We're also looking at running 2-24kBTU wall-bangers to start out with 5500w lights and CO2.

Make sure that you have enough fans and circulating air to move the cool air around. The optimum spot for A/C would be right in the center of all the lights which we can't really do with these units. If your running 2 then the best spots would be on opposite walls but not directly across from each other and directly in front of a light (or inbetween 2 with splitters directing air at both lights). Imagine how a toilet flushes and that's pretty much what you want the air to do.
How many lights (watts), a/c units (btu) and what layout are you looking at doing?

M

MediMary

I read this in the air conditioning thread here in the mpb forum.

"The problem with a window unit is they allow smells and co2 to escape the room and make a possible entrance for pathogens and/or insects..."

Is this correct? what would be the best way to contain the smell. Example would be a room in a large storage facility, how would you keep the storage facility from smelling if the humidity being drawn from the grow room is put into the space in the facility?
any ideas ?

D

DrFeelGood

I'd run the carbon filters to control the scent anyways but LOST is right- the condensation is not coming from inside your room at all with window AC's. The condensation is dripping off of the condenser coils on the outside of the unit and those coils are a sealed system.

DR FG

J

jack the reaper

You would need to run Charcoal filters in the warehouse space outside the grow. Just to filter the smelly air your AC hot side is producing.

Just a thought but 10,000 btu portable AC's are around 350.00. You could vent it's exhaust outside the gro space with a 4" filter and your problems are solved.

i bet you can get a 3ton for a grand. i have a H/O 10" venting my laundry room and 3ton Friedrich. if your room is sealed good enough no exterior scrubber needed. of course i scrub the air inside the grow room, thats a must.

S

socalsinner

AC and sealed room

A window a/c pulls in air from the room its cooling and removes the water thus cooling the air. So basically the window a/c is a closed circut. Its no different from putting a fan in a room. It does not create positive pressure overall because the air pressure in the room remains the same. The reason part of the a/c is outside is to vent to heat. It does not take in air from the outside in any way.. :)

I agree with Lost too... even though hes been admitted to a mental hospital several times for various undisclosed reasons... Make sure you either use a split ac, mini split , or a wall ac. If you use the wall AC make sure you drain the water or catch the water dripping from the wall ac... the water will probably be smelly. Oh yeah I was just kidding about Lost.... lol

J

jack the reaper

I agree with Lost too... even though hes been admitted to a mental hospital several times for various undisclosed reasons... Make sure you either use a split ac, mini split , or a wall ac. If you use the wall AC make sure you drain the water or catch the water dripping from the wall ac... the water will probably be smelly. Oh yeah I was just kidding about Lost.... lol

yeah, i was prepared to catch the drops of water flowing out of my 3ton into my laundry room, then when i turned on the lights and started running the AC the laundry room took on the qualities of a summer day in AZ. HAWT!!! and DRY! condensate shouldnt be an issue at all once you figure out how to remove the air from your exhaust room, the little humitidy in there is gone with the heat.

i exhaust my laundry room with a high output 10inch, and i have an 8 and 4 inch that bring cool air right into the laundry room. my exhaust vent passes THROUGH my garden (avoid this if possible) and vents into the fireplace. i insulated the duct in the garden to prevent the heat from radiating off of the duct and back into my garden :fixed:

S

skankymonkey23

Not trying to jack your thread but I was wondering if anyone knew how big of an AC I should use, or knows of a thread that would help me out. I have a 7x5x7 shed with 2 600W lights. I don't want to have to wire a 220V line so the largest AC unit I can run is a 15,000 BTU. Anyone know if this will be enough? Thank you!

Midnight_son

Midnight_son

Premium Member
Supporter
Not trying to jack your thread but I was wondering if anyone knew how big of an AC I should use, or knows of a thread that would help me out. I have a 7x5x7 shed with 2 600W lights. I don't want to have to wire a 220V line so the largest AC unit I can run is a 15,000 BTU. Anyone know if this will be enough? Thank you!

15000 btu is more than enough for 2 600s.

Top Bottom