sealed room questions

• Thread starter Rubijon
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

Rubijon

I have heard that you should have an exhaust that comes on after the lights go off to get rid of Co2 in the room? I am new to this and am in the processes of building my room now any input would help. Thanks

leadsled

leadsled

GrowRU
I have heard that you should have an exhaust that comes on after the lights go off to get rid of Co2 in the room? I am new to this and am in the processes of building my room now any input would help. Thanks

No you do not have to remove c02 at night.
What can happen is humidity can increase during the dark cycle.
normally an air conditioner is used to control the enviroment in a sealed room. (air temp and humidity)
What happens is when the lights turn off the air conditioner is not working as hard and therefore not removing enough humidity.
You will probably need a dehumidifier. That will help to control the humidity at night.

OGONLY

OGONLY

I run my room sealed when lights are on and I vent when lights are off. I do have a dehumidafier for lights on. Humidity spikes during lights on so must be able to keep it around 45 or 50%.

I find that venting during lights off keeps humidity in check and supplies ample amounts of fresh air. This is my first run with this style and I'm loving it! Just reached day 60 flower and I can't believe how much better things are than before.

Str8Dank

Str8Dank

no need for new air if you have co2 so i dont see why this would be helpful. as long as you dont run your co2 during lights off and have automated dosing of co2 or a formula that you know works all this would do imo is get rid of unused product you paid for.

as for venting at lights off why not just use a dehumidifier and or ac to keep it in check? seems to be ore logical to me the goal is to keep the room sealed i thought?

OGONLY

OGONLY

The reason vented is much better lights off IMO is electricity. I would much rather power my 10 inch can fan supply (dialed all the way down as low as it can go with speed control) and 12 in. exhaust (also dialed all the way down with speed control) than power and a/c and dehumid. for 12 hours.

The fans use litteraly 20 times less electricity.

leadsled

leadsled

GrowRU
Good point, ogonly. That does not work the same for everyone. The op question was he have to exhaust the air. well no, but it is optional. Would be the more complete but confusing response.

I was going to explain in/out fan options as well. But wanted to keep thing simple.
I have in/out air can use, in my sealed room as well.
But then you are dependent on outside temps and humidity. Again does not work for . everyone, depend where you live. Since maybe is snowing or raining where you live.

Respect! and thanks for sharing the details as to why.

R

Rubijon

Well thank you all for the input. I have decided to keep the room sealed. I'm sure I will have a few other questions here in the next couple of days

R

Rubijon

Sealed rooms are compromised once you let outside air in. Dehumidify lights out, Dont take chances infesting a sealed room with outside air!!

Man this is confusing lol. This is kinda a room inside a room wont I be letting in outside air in when I enter the room?

Str8Dank

Str8Dank

Sealed rooms are compromised once you let outside air in. Dehumidify lights out, Dont take chances infesting a sealed room with outside air!!
right on bro!

Man this is confusing lol. This is kinda a room inside a room wont I be letting in outside air in when I enter the room?

yeah you will BUT you want to keep it to a minimum. the reason to seal a room is to control the environment completely. like my buddy Chewwy says you want to be god in your grow room and control everything you can! with air conditioning, co2 and dehumidifiers you control the environment and make sure temp, co2 and humidity are optimal for your plants. venting a room does not make dialing it in perfectly easy at all since the environment outside your grow room you dont control and you are introducing into your grow room through venting.

it works no doubt to vent its just not as precise.

leadsled

leadsled

GrowRU
I you have not seen the videos, go to urban grower dot com and scroll to the bottom of the page. watch the first few videos to see sealed room in action and hear remo go through a grow shop explaining what is needed and buying the products to build the room.

Now keep in mind he is going to sell you on some advanced nutrients. Resist the marketing ploys and just pay attention to the hardware for the room.

those video have helped many "get it" and step up there game to the next level with CEA!

Hope that helps, if not please ask.

B

BoCo Buds

Exactly bro! ;-)

Just to add some perspective... it'l really depend on the room you have & the number of healthy plants... which transpire a lot more.

Problem I've always had is higher day time running temps with lots of transpiring plants... soon as the lights go off, temp drops & the moisture in the air has to go somewhere.

Deuys have been a mainstay for a while, but unless your dumping a few g's on some bad-ass equip... the temp drops at night might overwhelm the units & venting becomes required for the first hour after lights go out.

All this will depend on what your outside rh/temp is, but evacuating damp air is always faster/more efficient vs a deuy... but depends on the situation.

You'l find dialing it in to whatever prevents mold as most important. As long as you grow healthy, clean plants... sealed or open, just get the job done right.

H

HappyGrower

Dont take chances infesting a sealed room with outside air!!

Why do you say not to allow fresh air into the room? I have my Intake fan setup with a filter, and have never had a problem. How else are you supposed to get fresh air into the space without a fresh air intake.

Happy Grower :damnhippie:

leadsled

leadsled

GrowRU
fresh air is not needed, plants release oxygen.

Here is what I find make sense for many and helps them understand a cea (sealed) room.

Nasa grows plants in a spaceship. There is not any fresh air aka oxygen in space.

C

ClimateControl

"Sealed room"
Sealed rooms are Sealed rooms, No intake or No exhaust, No fresh air, Thats what the Co2 is for. No fresh air, we dont want bugs, or outside humidity.

My dehumidifier turns on at lights out, then turns off at lights on.

^^^ Garden Knows His Shit. If your happy venting your room then rock on, GOD actually builds the rooms so he knows all about it.

leadsled

leadsled

GrowRU
^^^ Garden Knows His Shit.

yes I agree. god know his shit, builds very nice rooms for alot of $$.

I am not here for financial gain, I am here to help and not with the intention of someone paying me for my services.

You appear to be here for financial gain.

I find advice more credible from someone who would make a recommendation to help others. Rather than doing so for financial gain. No offense to g.o.d. Obviously he has integrity.

You also may benefit by recommending god. If he has not purchased form you, then maybe your recommendation will help to convince him?

Yes, he makes $$ from building rooms. But then the help appears to be with genuine intentions. You appears to be driven by sales and making $$

Calling it how I see it. You could at least donate to the farm if you are making $$. I see g.o.d. has and he also grows and help members.

vs a ac salesperson intent on making sales.

I really like the farm and how there is not any spammers, you appear to be the exception to the rule.

OGONLY

OGONLY

As far as not contaminating the sealed room by venting lights off, here are my thoughts. Sure you don't want to contaminate your room with air coming from outside. It is foolish to use air from "outside" to refresh your room lights off. There are many bugs and pathogens outside that we want to keep out.

The air that cools my lights and that refreshes my room comes from my houses furnace blower box. The vent that supplies it is at floor level in my dining room, and its filterered. Therefore it is a proper temperature (I never run the heater, too cheap and don't want night time temps too high) and clean enough to supply my g. room.

It is raining today so I do have my dehimidifier running in conjunction with the venting. On the average day venting alone works perfectly.

Papa

Papa

Supporter
note to farmers,

report advertising or other infractions of the rules to a moderator. we'll take care of it.

if you're not familiar with the rules, the link is in my sig line.

Papa

R

Rubijon

Thanks for all of the input. Now the next question. The inside of my room is 5.5' X 8' I will have a corner for my res Co2 how many plants should I stuff in there. I will post some pics of my room later today. Thanks

OGONLY

OGONLY

What method of growing are you going with? How long veg? What strains? 5.5' wide or deep? CO2 generator or tanks? How big is your res.? What size pots if you are using pots?

R

Rubijon

What method of growing are you going with? How long veg? What strains? 5.5' wide or deep? CO2 generator or tanks? How big is your res.? What size pots if you are using pots?

My room is 8'x5.5' I am going to run two 1000 watt HPS, Ebb & Flow with a 55 gal res. and I am running a Co2 tank. I am a complete newbie at all of this and any input would be great.

I still have a little work to do but here is a few pics

http://i777.invalid.com/albums/yy55/Rubijon_Graham/2010-11-28_13-06-24_934.jpg

http://i777.invalid.com/albums/yy55/Rubijon_Graham/2010-12-17_19-56-39_462.jpg

http://i777.invalid.com/albums/yy55/Rubijon_Graham/2010-12-17_20-47-19_347.jpg

http://i777.invalid.com/albums/yy55/Rubijon_Graham/2010-12-17_20-01-51_285.jpg

Top Bottom