Sealed room yield with 700 PPFD?

• Thread starter Frenchie
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Thinking about going to a sealed room. With higher CO2 levels could I get better yields with the my current lighting setup (700-800 PPFD at canopy)?
Probably not see a whole lot of benefit but there will be some. Probably about 800ppm of co2 will increase growth but it won't be the 20-30% increase you may be thinking of and the cost to go sealed may not be worth it. You really need to be pushing over 1100ppfd to start seeing the real benefits of co2. You also need to make environmental and nutrition adjustments to compensate for the increased photosynthetic efficiency

Frenchie

Frenchie

Probably not see a whole lot of benefit but there will be some. Probably about 800ppm of co2 will increase growth but it won't be the 20-30% increase you may be thinking of and the cost to go sealed may not be worth it. You really need to be pushing over 1100ppfd to start seeing the real benefits of co2. You also need to make environmental and nutrition adjustments to compensate for the increased photosynthetic efficiency
Ok I have 3 lights in a line and let’s say I added 1 more light in between. So now Ill have 4 lights in a line and spaced closer and moved lower. Then let’s say it increased the PPFD to 1200. With all the extra heat and it being a sealed room, I’m guessing it would require a stupid amount of AC?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Ok I have 3 lights in a line and let’s say I added 1 more light in between. So now Ill have 4 lights in a line and spaced closer and moved lower. Then let’s say it increased the PPFD to 1200. With all the extra heat and it being a sealed room, I’m guessing it would require a stupid amount of AC?
Maybe maybe not... the dehuey will also throw heat.... 1200ppfd is a much better place for co2. Also higher temls and slightly lower humidity is good but will also need to up the nutes a bit.

Frenchie

Frenchie

Maybe maybe not... the dehuey will also throw heat.... 1200ppfd is a much better place for co2. Also higher temls and slightly lower humidity is good but will also need to up the nutes a bit.
Without the air exchange and added lights, sealing it seems like it would be extremely hot. I’m limited to a 14,000 BTU AC. So i don’t think that’s gonna cut it?

I run HLG 600h’s and been getting 1.4 to1.7 GPW currently.

Latest posts

Top Bottom