Sealed/Stamped Rec for Collective

• Thread starter HookedonPonics
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
HookedonPonics

HookedonPonics

Hey farmers, quick question. One of my patients recently renewed there rec for our collective garden but returned and gave me a copied version of the rec not the version with actual seal/stamp of approval to put on the wall. Should I demand the certified version or am I in the clear. If this is allowed, what a poor system there could be a million copies out there.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I'm not 100% on this, but I think that, legally, you need to have the stamped/embossed copy. My own doctor gives me multiple embossed copies to keep in different places or to give to someone should I ever need to appoint a caregiver.

HookedonPonics

HookedonPonics

That's what I remember reading on here somewhere, Im going to try to find some written proof.

R

redrum

As long as you are able to verify them online or over the phone what's the difference?

HookedonPonics

HookedonPonics

Well the difference is, I'm giving this person considerable amounts of free meds for that rec, id like the legal comfort of knowing I'm the only grower with that persons rec in their garden. Most doctors give you two with a seal like Sea said, one for a garden, one for you. Not just a copy that could be a copy numerous other growers are using at that moment. Which could end up with police questioning my validity. BUT if anyone is certain that this isn't a problem and I won't get harrassed if push comes to shove I guess so be it. Just seems like something they'd have for a reason

urbanfog

urbanfog

That has always been my concern.....Not being a huge farmer the few people I help out with extra harvest, I know personally. Always been weary of new folks with recs all over the place, that and I read about rippers with faulty recs.....I guess paranoia is good in this sense

connoisseurde420

connoisseurde420

always better off with legit copy, BUT. I have my patients fill out basic form from norml for collective garden and keep copies like the shop does. at the grow site and when traveling if I'm over my personal limits. this is defendable in court, even if they decide to take you in so says my lawyer.

R

redrum

Articles of incorporation will be better for ya than the recs

connoisseurde420

connoisseurde420

could u expand on this? op didn't say what state, I'm pretty sure that makes a difference

R

redrum

This is in the Cali sub so......
Any non profit should have articles of incorporation

Anytime I'm driving plants or large amounts of herb, I have these with me.

delae632

delae632

IG @delae_632
Supporter
The patient is usually advised by their Dr to keep the embossed original at home, in a safe place. They will usually recommend that you make several copies for keeping on your person, in the car, posted in a grow, etc. When working in dispensaries we always required the original enbossed rec for the first visit only. That being said, I think a request to see the embossed copy would be a must and I'd make my own copy of it if it was to be posted in my collective grow.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
This is in the Cali sub so......
Any non profit should have articles of incorporation

http://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/_/dict.aspx?rd=1&word=Articles of Incorporation

Anytime I'm driving plants or large amounts of herb, I have these with me.
So, legally, having an article of incorporation protects you better than having the recommendations of the patients for which you're growing, or the state ID card?
Or, are you saying generally that any 501(c)(3) (OP didn't mention anything about being a 501(c)(3), and I thought that that's a federal tax filing, and that taking that non-profit filing status is tricky given that it would be in relation to MMJ because it's a federal tax filing status, as I understand it) outfit should be incorporated in this manner, irrespective of whether or not they're handling meds? I'd like to better understand what you're driving at. :) Also, was this action recommended by legal counsel? We often hear many conflicting legal opinions, for example, my own attorney has recommended against getting a state ID, whereas the director of a patient advocacy group I know says that in no case is having a card a disadvantage.
The patient is usually advised by their Dr to keep the embossed original at home, in a safe place. They will usually recommend that you make several copies for keeping on your person, in the car, posted in a grow, etc. When working in dispensaries we always required the original enbossed rec for the first visit only. That being said, I think a request to see the embossed copy would be a must and I'd make my own copy of it if it was to be posted in my collective grow.
This is why my own doctor asks his patients, they'll provide sufficient copies for them to have at home, on their person and at any grow site, irrespective of whether it's their own grow or a cooperative, remotely located grow.

Stuff like this feels skeegy, I'd hate for the OP to end up tangled up in some legal BS. Be careful, Hooked!

R

redrum

Lawyer recommended keeping copies of the articles at the grow spot. Original with the drivers (or at the collective).
I know changes to the articles have to be approved by the state and my payments were made to the state.

Taxes are paid to the state as well. Medicine is on a donation basis anyway, so its pretty questionable if it should be taxed

The thinking behind carrying the articles with me is that, if I have more than what's deemed personal use, I'll still be covered. It also makes the cops shape up knowing your lawyered up already.

I know op didn't mention a non profit, but if you really wanna cover all your bases, its worth the $ to set up a non profot

Top Bottom