Sealing Doors

• Thread starter steelyeyes
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

steelyeyes

I want to get my room as air tight as I can. I've sealed every nook and cranny with caulk so that leaves the doors. They're standard interior bedroom doors. I've tried the self adhesive strips but they're far from perfect. Ideas?

leadsled

leadsled

GrowRU
another option: Can use black and white poly to cover the outside of the door. Then use a tarp zip up so you can get in and out.

I staple the bw poly outside the door, then duct tape it to make it as air tight as possible.

F

fiftythree33

I use 3/8" closed cell weather strip along the entire jam and two latches at the corners but my door swings out not in. Much easier to seal. I also screwed a piece of 1x1 at the bottom to attach strip to. Good luck :bong2:

Bud Spleefman

Bud Spleefman

Premium Member
Supporter
I use the weather stripping for a storm door, it's got a metal edge that you screw to the frame and a rubber edge that meets the door...... you could also do a small 1 x 1 strip around the inside of the frame, with the door closed, and then use the weather stripping.

C

cannagirl

post a pic, lets see what your working with... but yeah BW poly is a great cheap solution

F

Fred

Premium Member
Supporter
The fat nail on weather strip will stay where you put it. A kicker for the bottom of the door can be adjusted to the floor. If possible cut a threshold to fit for the flap on the kicker to rest against when closed. Puddy and some paint to fix later. No big deal. Last forever and seals tight.

fred

S

SHlitherySHloth

ive got a good idea, and you only need duck tape. take a strip of duck tape as long as your door and fold the sticky end onto intself only 3/4" the way leaving about a 1/4" left with adhesive and stick that onto your door frame all the way around, on the inside of the door. works great for light leaking, not so sure about smell as im only 5 weeks thru flowering and the smell hasnt seaped through, yet. but ya duck tape works my friend. can take pics if you dont understand

S

steelyeyes

Some good ideas so far. Thanks.

I did add a sill across the bottom. I like the idea of adding more arond the sides and then maybe using the storm door stuff. My doors do swing out so that part is good.

L

lime6161

You can try the felt weatherstripping stuff, but if its a hollow int door it may not work great. That foam stuff to seal of air conditioners also may work. you might want to hang up an old synthetic filled comforter above the door on the inside.

depending on how heavy the material is you def will have no light leeks and it will do better than nothing at the sealing the room part. Bonus is soundproofing.

thetreegrowerrr

thetreegrowerrr

replace the whole door with an exterior door with weather striping!

J

jakew215

ive got a good idea, and you only need duck tape. take a strip of duck tape as long as your door and fold the sticky end onto intself only 3/4" the way leaving about a 1/4" left with adhesive and stick that onto your door frame all the way around, on the inside of the door. works great for light leaking, not so sure about smell as im only 5 weeks thru flowering and the smell hasnt seaped through, yet. but ya duck tape works my friend. can take pics if you dont understand

im interested in these pictures. as i need to seal light from escaping my veg room into my bud room. all four edges of the door leak light.

Latest posts

Top Bottom