Search Engine Tricks For the Farm

• Thread starter rick ratlin
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
rick ratlin

rick ratlin

Perpetual Farmer
Supporter
We've all been noobs at some point. Some of us research before we ask, some don't, and some just blame the farmer search box. Whatever you do, we all can agree we don't need anymore threads that are just repeated questions or topics. After all, this makes searching even harder.

The internet definitely isn't the same anymore. I can remember back in the day when we had to take a 3 week class in high school on searching the internet. You know… dial up. It wasn't as easy as it is today with the tricks. So you really had to make your searches count. It was before all of these ridiculously fast tracking search engines. Well, these days you can search way faster, but still come up empty and waste a lot of time you coulda been in your grow room. Here's a great link with tricks for searching the internet that would really help anyone here on the farm. its based on the G search engine, but should still works with all formats.

here's da link
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/...8470.html?ncid=fcbklnkushpmg00000018&ir=Media

I'm sure at some point this link may change, so here's the basics that help me here at the farm. They mostly apply to the big G search engine.

1. Wanna search for mainlining through a specific website like the farm?
Type in the search bar
site:thcfarmer.com mainlining

This is by far the best way to search the farm.

2. If you're looking for an origin of a quote you remember, just type that in quotations in the search bar

3. Do you only remember part of a quote from a member? Type what you remember in the search bar, fill in the blanks with an asterisk.

4. Shopping on a budget? Enter the item you wanna buy, say yucca, and then the highest and lowest price you are willing to pay, separated by two periods. i.e.. yucca $5..$25 ps. this trick also works for dates.

5. Do you want to leave out certain words? Maybe for a bread recipe with no yeast? After your search item add a minus sign to the word you don't want. i.e.. bread recipes -yeast

6. Not sure what stamen means? Type in the search box define:stamen

Again, this mostly applies for the G search engine, but should work on most.

I love the farm! Been here for a hot minute, and enjoyed it thoroughly. Sometimes its own search engine doesn't get there for me, but this is a great plan B.

Please post any more search tips if ya got em!

Last edited:
Top Bottom