Searching for the right grow tent kit

• Thread starter Marilou
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Marilou

Marilou

I would not beleive that it will be odor free. I have a 6 and a 4 inch carbon filter in a 2x4 tent and I still get a strong overall smell. Especially since you will have it open while tending to the plants. I grow for medical purposes but get alot of shit from my wife because i told her when i stated she would never even know i am growing. Man was i wrong.
So you are saying that there is no solution for the odour problem? It’s extremely important to me because if I don’t resolve it, I can’t plant anything!

Marilou

Marilou

Like everything else..there are good and bad scrubbers. If available, I recommend Phresh 6" filters. There pricey but the best that I know of.
I agree..get the items separately! A little research will go a long way towards a successful grow.
This one if you can locate it where you live.

Thank you!!! Any suggestions for carbon filter and led lighting for a tent 120cm x 120cm x 200cm?

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

Thank you!!! Any suggestions for carbon filter and led lighting for a tent 120cm x 120cm x 200cm?
You're welcome..that is a carbon filter..LOL..scrubber = Carbon Filter.

I am an Led grower and have switched everything to Samsung white lights, except for one high end burple. (not the cheapo type).
I buy these and the vendor is great..Be sure to check what the fgt charges are to you. The link shows prices to the USA. Not sure what's up now with the Virus and such. But if need be..search for lights with Samsung 301B or Samsung 301h diodes..beware of fakes! The left and right ones are what I am speaking of. 3000k-3500k are great all purpose spectrums..good for veg and flower too. (mine are 3000k in the picture). The reds are far red for both the Emerson effect and better flowering.

You want 35-60 watts of TRUE power per sq ft of flowering space (sorry, I don't know the conversion)

8 27 19

hps4891

hps4891

I've used grow ace online before, if you hit them on major sales too, their packages are decent and don't have *too much* shitty equipment lol. Their reflectors and exhaust systems are pretty decent to be budget. And if you ABSOLUTELY MUST have zero odor, look into keeping your tent (with proper scrubber, intake & exhaust) negative pressure as much as possible! Myself, I've just given up on odor & I don't have ANYONE into my house currently!

Last edited:
Custom99

Custom99

So you are saying that there is no solution for the odour problem? It’s extremely important to me because if I don’t resolve it, I can’t plant anything!
I have not had any luck keeping the smell away. I have 5 plants going now so that is probably just making the situation worse. I am going to backoff and only have 2 in flower at a time.

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

You're welcome..that is a carbon filter..LOL..scrubber = Carbon Filter.

I am an Led grower and have switched everything to Samsung white lights, except for one high end burple. (not the cheapo type).
I buy these and the vendor is great..Be sure to check what the fgt charges are to you. The link shows prices to the USA. Not sure what's up now with the Virus and such. But if need be..search for lights with Samsung 301B or Samsung 301h diodes..beware of fakes! The left and right ones are what I am speaking of. 3000k-3500k are great all purpose spectrums..good for veg and flower too. (mine are 3000k in the picture). The reds are far red for both the Emerson effect and better flowering.

You want 35-60 watts of TRUE power per sq ft of flowering space (sorry, I don't know the conversion)

View attachment 937664

Buzzer has the right idea. The tent and the carbon filter system is the good part of the system. As others have pointed out, the light would certainly disappoint.

In buzzer's photo above, you'll see a quantum board on both the left side and the right side. I'm guessing it's about 480-500w. If it were my tent, I'd run 480-500w of quantum boards minimum. The difference between the light in the kit and the light in Buzzer's picture is the intensity of the light these quantum boards produce.

I'd buy the tent and accessories as a kit if it were a fair price, but I'd be buying my lighting elsewhere.

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

Buzzer has the right idea. The tent and the carbon filter system is the good part of the system. As others have pointed out, the light would certainly disappoint.

In buzzer's photo above, you'll see a quantum board on both the left side and the right side. I'm guessing it's about 480-500w. If it were my tent, I'd run 480-500w of quantum boards minimum. The difference between the light in the kit and the light in Buzzer's picture is the intensity of the light these quantum boards produce.

I'd buy the tent and accessories as a kit if it were a fair price, but I'd be buying my lighting elsewhere.
Pretty close..
240X2
175 X1 (The Unitfarm UFO80 in the middle.)
The slim bar is a DIY far red addition.

Top Bottom