Sea's Home For Ladies Of Ill Repute

• Thread starter SeaF0ur
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Bad.Seed

Bad.Seed

lol who doesn't love free seeds!?! pretty generous guy Seafour :)

My Cali-O and Gorilla Bubble have just been sexed and I'm hoping that I identified them correctly as there were a lot of boys. I put them under 12/12 for about 10-11 days and most wouldn't reveal it?! I had three that showed overnight the first night of flip. is that desirable since they switch to bloom so quick or do you think I may have some hermies in the making? Some guy is telling me that is not desirable trait and that I should've picked the ones who took the longest? really? I'd show ya some pics but they do not look the greatest. it was really cold a few nights this week and I gave them a spray down for ipm and they didn't like that much either. their leaves are all curling under but not burned so I think they'll rebound fast but just not as fast as I can take pics.

also got some springtails in my EWC and found them on the plants (that's why I sprayed) but I haven't found many in the soil. they jump when you get too close or move the leaf. kinda hard to miss and the ones that don't jump looked like little white worms (larva?)

SeaF0ur

SeaF0ur

For clarity, I'm using "Glue Bubble"... Gorilla Bubble is from Tonygreens sour bubble male... same genetics, but different selections... he's further along in his

SeaF0ur

SeaF0ur

lol who doesn't love free seeds!?! pretty generous guy Seafour :)

My Cali-O and Gorilla Bubble have just been sexed and I'm hoping that I identified them correctly as there were a lot of boys. I put them under 12/12 for about 10-11 days and most wouldn't reveal it?! I had three that showed overnight the first night of flip. is that desirable since they switch to bloom so quick or do you think I may have some hermies in the making? Some guy is telling me that is not desirable trait and that I should've picked the ones who took the longest? really? I'd show ya some pics but they do not look the greatest. it was really cold a few nights this week and I gave them a spray down for ipm and they didn't like that much either. their leaves are all curling under but not burned so I think they'll rebound fast but just not as fast as I can take pics.

also got some springtails in my EWC and found them on the plants (that's why I sprayed) but I haven't found many in the soil. they jump when you get too close or move the leaf. kinda hard to miss and the ones that don't jump looked like little white worms (larva?)

those sound less like springtails and more like thrips... springtails are soil creatures... they dont generally chill on leaves... gonna need some pics.

Fast flowering males are dumped... but you're in the PNW... for you an early flowering strain might help avoid late season molds... its relative and subjective...

Bad.Seed

Bad.Seed

My first thought that it was thrips but then one jumped at me lol so that's just awesome. Got a love the great outdoors. I've been spraying them with soapy water and that orange contact killer.

SeaF0ur

SeaF0ur

Amblyseius cucumeris are gonna be your friends here...
although you might try a remedy I like for hemp russet mites that I got from @Mikenite69 ...
drill small holes in a plastic bottle... fill it with diatomaceous earth and squeeze the bottle to let loose puffs of the DE all over your girls... top to bottom, both sides of the leaves... by the time you rinse off in a day or two, most things will have wandered across it... mechanical action... no chemicals.

Bad.Seed

Bad.Seed

I just donated a bunch of clones to a collective for patients so I can order some bugs tonight. Really want a ultrasonic fogger for some much needed RH.

SeaF0ur

SeaF0ur

depends on how contained an area... the larvae are predators, but adults will need nectar or pollen to survive... provide that and they'll stick around...

Bad.Seed

Bad.Seed

I think I'm going to order some larvae from plant natural and in a couple weeks, bugological has a three species predator mites that I can release. Can I just add flowers like marigolds for pollen? I'll have crimson clover as well but it's still sprouting. The place is not terribly open so they can be contained unless they fly ten feet up into the exhaust or fly upwind from my passive vent that has a small fan pushing air. Thanks for the suggestions. Might get some nemotodes too. I want a variety of insects. Is that ok or will some eat the others?

SeaF0ur

SeaF0ur

Dont bother on the 3 mite thing... at least 1 is almost guaranteed to be eaten by the others as they do not all move at the same speed nor are they the same size... most places dont even offer that option anymore.
Nematodes can interfere with rove beetles, so let those get established good first if you got em... I strongly recommend them.

As for companion crops, In addition to my multiple species of clover, I also use chia and marigold seeds...
Most garden store marigolds come with spidermites
I just re-tilled, but I'm gettin right again....

IMG 20150416 202625
IMG 20150416 202719
IMG 20150416 202818

Bad.Seed

Bad.Seed

Oh good! I'm glad I asked before ordering on those mites :)

I'll look into your rove beetles. I was turned off of them due to them biting? Can't bite the hand that feeds it :D. Lol

SeaF0ur

SeaF0ur

I've never been bitten... there are many species of staphylinid rove beetle, these are in the subfamily Aleocharinae...
I'm not aware of Dalotia coriaria being a biter, although I'm sure they are able.
My pots are less than 5 ft from my beds headboard...

Bad.Seed

Bad.Seed

Hey Sea :) a while back you gave me some advice about general advice about beneficial bugs and pests , but I erased the conversation. It was something like fast and on the surface good, slow on the surface bad? I can't remember :(

How's your plants? Mine are recovering but better and the scrog is growing like crazy and happy as can be.

SeaF0ur

SeaF0ur

I'm moving at quite a brisk pace since I decided to begin sharing my excess pollen with a few like minded individuals... I now have many more possibilities in front of me... and a few more varieties of pollen...

basic rules for mites...
slow in leaf litter - likely decomposer
slow on leaves - likely pest
fast moving - likely predatory

root aphid crawlers are slower moving, so you might look em up so you're able to visually distinguish between the two

Bad.Seed

Bad.Seed

Thank you! White fast soil mites :)

Sounds like a good opportunity! Of the three plants under attacks, the Cali-O and Glue cross are doing the best; especially Cali-O.

Bad.Seed

Bad.Seed

The UW Purp cross has the shiniest leaves I've had yet! No neem or anything! They eat the light up.

KiLoEleMeNt

KiLoEleMeNt

Fucking stellar man..... I think I may be in love with that ground pounder not too mention just take a look at that glue mate ooooo hell I can smell it through the screen baby... shit what am I saying i think the only one I don't particularly care for is the normal cat piss and thats just cuz I never did like the way she smokes to pungent in the wrong way for me i like a skunk but PISS!!! Come on now that's just a bad stinky IMO she is still nice looking tho...... I am really interested to see the moontang cross goin at it tho sounds like a K.O. champ... GJB

SeaF0ur

SeaF0ur

I checked out the thread, sounds like you've got a good idea on them... I've not had broad mites, but I've had hemp russets...

heat treatments are good... vegging plants can be hit with diatomaceous earth liberally... neem, but I also use lemongrass and rosemary oils from HERE at about 1ml/1gal. Also, these predators would be helpful

Top Bottom