Seaweed extract in coco with and without

• Thread starter Hazedayz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

Hazedayz

Now I was wondering does anyone use seaweed extract in their grows? And how about in coco grows?

My mothers husbands a commercial grower of tomatoes and I went to see them both last month and when I go I always try to learn as much as possible about growing from him. He was talking about how he grows from start to finish and mentioned seaweed extract and said he swears by the stuff going on about the various benefits of it. It sounded very good and I was intrigued, so I asked him for a little sample to test my self which he obliged. So I planted these 13 days ago both at the same time both same seed. Just to experiment. 1 is without and 1 is with seaweed. I used my Normal coco nutes and added 1ml per litre of seasweed in the water. And the one without was the same water just without the seaweed. I also used a spray with 1ml of seaweed in as well to spray once a a day on foliage.

This may be just a coincidence but not sure what you all think?

With

Seaweed extract in coco with and without

Without
Seaweed extract in coco with and without 2

Gmix

Gmix

Supporter
I grow in soil and use seaweed extract and the plants love it , they go on a growth spurt after some of it ; surprised you haven’t noticed that with your own eye or maybe you have and are just wondering about it’s use either way it’s good stuff.

I don’t know about spaying it as I haven’t ever used it that way I normally add it to water and use it that way

Don’t overdo it mind like all good things a little goes a long way

I normally use it after transplanting and Generally up to flower starts then I stop

I used to use it the whole grow till I spoke to some guy on overgrow years ago and he explained how it promotes root growth ( as welll as above ground ) and something about auxins and co auxins* and that it’s better not to use it in flower however that said it won’t cause problems in flower just seems better to use it in veg only

*to long ago to remember how it was explained to me

should be fine in coir ( coco )

Enjoy the adventure 🙂

Last edited:
Gmix

Gmix

Supporter
Oh your saying you can’t see any difference ; I can the top plant is way ahead

I wouldn’t foiler spray them with it though.

Last edited:
H

Hazedayz

oh no I can tell the difference haha I was just wondering if it’s a coincidence or if it’s actually the seaweed because the difference is huge in my opinion! I’ll deffo experiment again and then add to my arsenal one day. Read a lot about the foliage spray and apparently that’s the best way to use it, so may just do another experiment 1 without spray and 1 with maybe. All in the name of science 🤪

socks4free

socks4free

Now I was wondering does anyone use seaweed extract in their grows? And how about in coco grows?

My mothers husbands a commercial grower of tomatoes and I went to see them both last month and when I go I always try to learn as much as possible about growing from him. He was talking about how he grows from start to finish and mentioned seaweed extract and said he swears by the stuff going on about the various benefits of it. It sounded very good and I was intrigued, so I asked him for a little sample to test my self which he obliged. So I planted these 13 days ago both at the same time both same seed. Just to experiment. 1 is without and 1 is with seaweed. I used my Normal coco nutes and added 1ml per litre of seasweed in the water. And the one without was the same water just without the seaweed. I also used a spray with 1ml of seaweed in as well to spray once a a day on foliage.

This may be just a coincidence but not sure what you all think?

With

View attachment 1991120

WithoutView attachment 1991121
How are your two plants looking now?

Normally if you want to do side by side comparisons like.this its best to.start with clones from the same.plant as seeds have variances in them that make it nearly impossible to say one way or another but either way id like to see how they are coming along

H

Hazedayz

not sure if this could be relevant to seaweed use but the one that didn’t have seaweed got a bad case of bud rot I decided to chop very early and salvage what I could wasn’t much but to be fair. The plant that did use seaweed is still looking strong and healthy and ready to harvest soon. The one that used seaweed definitely always looked healthier through the entire grow but again as you say that could definitely just be seed genetics.

Latest posts

Top Bottom