Second attempt to grow some grass

• Thread starter Homegrownplease
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Homegrownplease

Homegrownplease

My first attempt failed about a month ago. Started off well but couldn’t fix the problems with the leaves turning yellow, getting spots, spider mite problem ( I think ) also had a PH problem the list goes on.

I used coco and was forever trying to get the right nutrient balance and ph etc right. This time round I really just want to just get some soil where I don’t have to keep constantly feeding it nutrients from the start and forever watering and checking P.H. I’ve been looking online for some potting soil where u can just water for the first month without feeding liquid nutes. But I’m not sure what I should go for. I jumped into the last grow without much advice so I’m goner learn from that and take it slow. I don’t have to grow the best weed I just want an end result. Can anyone give me some advice on some soil I could get? I was thinking of getting black label special soil or bat soil. Cheers for any advice

GRASSY LAKE

GRASSY LAKE

Here I use Fox Farms soils.I watered with no nutrients for the first month.but indoors i veg for a short time so my watering was just to make sure soil moisture was correct.then fed I like the results I get with soil helped me in the beginning when I started.such a great buffer.with what your experiencing with ph levels soil will be your friend.just my experience? Good luck

DankNugz420

DankNugz420

I use promix hp alone with gh 3 part flora trio plus calmag and rarely have to check or adjust ph, my plants seem to be fine with it that way. Will have to use nutes cuz promix is just peat moss with perlite so no nutrition but it's not bad, I was able to stretch feedings for 7 days plus in 5 gal fabric pots. I always feed till runoff

Flexnerb

Flexnerb

A friend is having issues with it. Lotta K in it. Im thinking its the reason for the issues. Mg and Ca def...lol....the fish mix is lower os a 3 0 4 per us label. Your label will show higher numbers in the uk and europe other parts of the world too...im into it cuz its beet vinasse based and canna loves beet vinn

I cant recommend using it unless you know alot about organics. I over did it a bit and im payin for it...im still learning..lol

Homegrownplease

Homegrownplease

A friend is having issues with it. Lotta K in it. Im thinking its the reason for the issues. Mg and Ca def...lol....the fish mix is lower os a 3 0 4 per us label. Your label will show higher numbers in the uk and europe other parts of the world too...im into it cuz its beet vinasse based and canna loves beet vinn

I cant recommend using it unless you know alot about organics. I over did it a bit and im payin for it...im still learning..lol
Ok mate cheers

Keymaker

Keymaker

Any nutrients are fine I've grown good plants with just fish emulsion, Good light, air movement and air exchange. Don't over think it. Filter your water even if you thinks its good. I started with Bio canna never had a problem, I used a little cal mag through veg and a few week in flower. Used bio bizz its also good. Just go for it and you fuck up learn from it and try again. You can use your coco nutes in soil to if you want.

Homegrownplease

Homegrownplease

Any nutrients are fine I've grown good plants with just fish emulsion, Good light, air movement and air exchange. Don't over think it. Filter your water even if you thinks its good. I started with Bio canna never had a problem, I used a little cal mag through veg and a few week in flower. Used bio bizz its also good. Just go for it and you fuck up learn from it and try again. You can use your coco nutes in soil to if you want.
Thanx for the advice mate I will start soon and post some updates

Top Bottom