Second Grow - 25 different strains!!!

• Thread starter caperfarmer902
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

caperfarmer902

Hey growers,
Im midway through my first grow, which is a 16 plant setup, 8 plants outdoors, and 8 plants indoors,
The outdoor plants are from seed, there are 6x Crystal from nirvana, and 2x Dominican Republic plants.
Indoors i have 8x crystal clones in a 3x3ft grow tent, with a 10 Gal DWC hydrosystem under a 400watt MH-HPS and also a 3x3ft Scrog.

Now, for my second grow i have many ideas but am mainly going with my plans for an outdoor grow, all from seed, with over 25 different strains.
I got ahold of the seed company today, They will have all my 25 strains on order when i call in and say im ready and then the following weeks ill be reciving over 250 to 300 seeds, with over 25 strains.
Each strain will consist of a pack of 10 seeds, mostly female seeds, for the regular ones, i will be saving the male from each strain and making my own strains for the 3ed grow.
Now for the strains that have 10 packs of females, and are cheaper, i plan to buy 2 packs so instead of 10 seeds, ill recivie 20. For example, Big Bang from greenhouseseeds, a 10 pack of fem. seeds are $40.00, so 2x packs would only be $80.00..
All, in all, i plan to spend over $1000 on seeds, and thats with a deal, if i was to buy pack of seeds by pack of seeds, id spend an extra $700, so im saving on shipping and handling plus getting a big deal on seeds for buying over 250 seeds.

All the seeds will be germinated at the same time, inwhich ill start by april 1st of 2012, by may 1st of 2012, all the plants will be ready to go outside, and start hardening off, 2 weeks of hardening off, and all 250 plants go in the ground and start their process of growing all year.

If anyone can name some dank strains, the best of the best for outside in the northorn hempsphere?

I

Indicas4me

I heard green house seed strains suck?With this much time till next season why not get a few packs and do a seed grow this fall?

M

mal

Premium Member
Supporter
Buy From The Farm

Buy good seeds here at the farm, you will be happy you did. I think 25 is a bit much, buy 10 from the farm and see how it goes

mal

I

ibTheMan

12 plants is the limit in Michigan, and i used to run 28 plants, i get way more with 12, but the 12 where under 4000w,lol

Greenhouse seeds do have some good strain, mainly SuperSilverHaze, SuperLemonHaze, and Chemdog, which i have but haven grown yet.
But theres alots of great beans here on the farm.

ProdigyGrower

ProdigyGrower

Alien Junkie and bush master
Supporter
ya thats a lot i would pick 10 strains 100 plants is a lot but 250 plants is a shit ton to manage and to sex i would do less just grow bigger plants good breeder are bodhi seeds ograskal topdawg seeds mota karma genetics devine genetics alphakronic genes and cannaventure any one of those breeders will give you dank ass gear most of them are here at the farm besides bodhi and alphakronic good luck bro

MakinGoo

MakinGoo

Damn 25 packs of seeds.. 1000$ worth of beans that's mega u should throw in some packs of White Fire & White S1's there mega super Dank seeds from OG Raskal.. Man I feel like a commercial telling everybody 2 run these strains.. But no bullshit OGR strains r the bomb.. U r a crazy guy wanting 2 run 250 plants that's some work I could never run that many plants it would b 2 hard.. If u pull this off ur the Man good luck

C

caperfarmer902

well the thing with this right its not just me growing them all its atleadt 5 guys on that project, 25 strains - 250 plants are a hellalot, but with the experenice these guys bring and my expereice and help from the farm here, its something i like to call more of a goal, i know for a fact 100 plants are a no qouestion dought, im growing them for sure, if i can find the space then i might have a chance on doing that many strains and plants, so far the space i have now will let me grow atleast 100 to 200 plants no problem, and not have to worry about smell or anything becuase its in the country where noones around for miles..
Now the strains, i was serching and reading on different strains and watching grows on the farm here, i did come across alot of good dank strains and plan to grow them as to more then hafe of the strains are going to be outside for the northorn hempishere,
and the strains at the farm here are without a dought going to be a big part of this grow and my main medicine for pain, becuase as we all know, the farm is tha shit, the best of the best in my eyess, i cant wait to get the seeds from the farm im like a kid in a candy store when going threw the THCbay...

but like i said, its not just me growing all these i have lots of help from people that grew all there life, we just want the best of the best strains, i think you guys are right though, 25 strains are alot, i think i hadda hear it from someone else that it was to much, im honeslty thinking about 10 to 15 strains now, atleast 100 to 150 plants and still be able to get mega amounts of buds!! whata think?

DowNwithDirT

DowNwithDirT

greenhouse and anything else your buying is almost guaranteed not the best of the best.

good luck....
do what everyone else says and get them from a credible source

C

caperfarmer902

oh for sure, as i said to my partners for the outdoor 2012 grow, atleast 75% of the strains we use are going to be bought from the farm, and we are going with atleast 15 strains, with 150 plants, inwhich all the plants are going to be grown organically, with the soil addmentmeds as needed, or top dressing as needs for a healthy and beautiful harvest,
now being that this is going to be a big project, and one of the biggest projects i ever done outside with as many strains, iv seen grows, but never mangaged this type of grow, sort of my dream!!

So layying it on the line here, i have alot of planning and organizing to do befour i get this rolling, befour i buy one seed, im doing my research on each and every strain on how they grow, what they needs, and the genes an all, to make sure i understand and know how to deal with any problem that may happen..
- 15 strains (150 plants from seed)
- Grown organically from start to finnish
- started indoor under 4x - 2ft - T5 Fluros/ Then once out of seedling stage, and starting veg stage, grown untill nice sized plant, or untill the start of may 2012, whatever comes first...
- Iv not decided yet to go with compost tea, or add the fertilizer to the organic soil or top dressing, i have to read up and understand that way more befour i take anymore action.
Once i have my plan in mind, the strains picked, and the meathod of how i am going to start to finnish with these plants and locations, as well as planning to get the location growing ready for the plant, so i know theres alot to do, and probley more tthen that, but thats part of the learning stage, if anyone has some info on organic gardening, compost teas recipes, and even soil recipes, will you please let me know and see what we can put together with this , thank you!
-

Top Bottom