Second Grow First Time In Hempy Buckets

• Thread starter SlimPickins
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

SlimPickins

looks good but wont having a 50/50 perlite vermiculite mix stratify the medium and is it gonna be able to hold roots good when flushing ur buckets not criticizing just asking regardless ur setup looks bangin and ur clones look good to keep up the good work

Its all good bro!

I haven't seen the medium stratify yet Ill keep a look out if it starts to separate. I did use 80%coco and 20%perlite mix for five buckets all five look like champs, might go with coco and perlite or silica mix next run.

Here are some pix of a flower that is the same as the cuts on the tables. My homie just finished his run with the same strain.

DSC04847
DSC04853
DSC04854
B

BrainTease

Man this thread is awsome! I am researching hydro methods and have read a lil about hempy buckets. your set up looks freakin sweet! I'm most def gonna follow your progress. I am about to crack some beans for my next run. My first attempt to go perpetual. I was looking into DWC but I read it can be tough in the summer. How do the hempys handle the heat? again props

S

SlimPickins

The heat in my room hasn't climbed above 75 so I haven't really experienced any heat stress or fast evaporation from the buckets.

M

MASSES 420KING

the nuggets look sweet as hell keep doing ur thang my dude

B

burnalot420

Lolipop Genetics
Supporter
nice progress slim cant wait till they fill out..btw what is the def of hempy buckets, is there or just name?lol

S

SlimPickins

Hey whats happenin Burnalot I think its just a name.

Well everyone I just started the third week and everything looks good. I have noticed some stratification to some of the buckets that received more perlite than the vermiculite. It hasn't done anything to the stability to the plant. Also my humidity has been going up so I just bought a dehumidifier, see how well it works when it comes in.:character0025:

2 29 2wk FL 13
2 29 2wk FL 16
2 29 2wk FL 8
2 29 2wk FL 4
4u2sm0ke

4u2sm0ke

hey Slim..looking great..keep M GREEN my friend..

:passingjoint:

S

SlimPickins

Whats up 4u, I'm still chuggin along!

Here are some updated pix Week 4

W 4 2nd Grow
Week 4 3 10
3 9 10 Week 4 7
S

SlimPickins

:hi: Thanks Megan!

Be back in a few with updated pix!:banana1sv6:

Lowman

Lowman

what is a "HEMPY BUCKET' please someone tell me

A hempy bucket is a form of passive hydroponics that got the nickname Hempy because the person that started using this technique and posted about it online was called hempy.

The method of passive hydroponics has been around a long time. You create a rez in the bottom of a container by drilling one hole in the side...no other holes are to be made. My system: Fill the container up to the hole with perlite or lava rocks or whatever....and then fill the rest of the container with coco mixture. I use chips and coir and Floor dri from Napa.

That's it. Water the newly transplanted plant in the hempy everyday around the stem until it's tap root hits the rez. Then water every 2nd day with full strength nutes.

D

Dulce

Also, How are your coco buckets doing vs the perlite/verm ones. Any preference yet as to which way you'll go next time?

Thanks

S

SlimPickins

Also, How are your coco buckets doing vs the perlite/verm ones. Any preference yet as to which way you'll go next time?

Thanks

They both work well, but the girls in coco came out more lush, Ill post pix to show the diffrence. Im probley going with all coco next run, just waiting to see what they tast like to make the final decision.

Top Bottom