Second Grow - Organic SIP

• Thread starter MyGrowYo
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ezenzyme

ezenzyme

cheers mates! happy to be watching your grow show mate looks like a good one.
i gotta few pennys for the grain conversation...Try some malted barley, and skip the taxed route and cruise down to your local brew store. You can get many kinds of malted grains milled to choice if the barley is out, rye millet and wheat work as well.

MyGrowYo

MyGrowYo

cheers mates! happy to be watching your grow show mate looks like a good one.
i gotta few pennys for the grain conversation...Try some malted barley, and skip the taxed route and cruise down to your local brew store. You can get many kinds of malted grains milled to choice if the barley is out, rye millet and wheat work as well.
Hey thanks for the tip. I actually have a brewing store about 20 mins walk from me that I keep forgetting about. So easy to get lost in the new products people are using

MyGrowYo

MyGrowYo

Lucky me, snow day today! Got about 3ft of snow last night and I had a good chuckle this morning watching my neighbour try to drive his Audi threw it. He didn’t make it out of the garage😂

yesterday I ended up raising the shorter plant up and moving it to the other side of the tent so I didn’t create a dead air movement zone, and before lights off last night everyone was looking happy.
8DD7F2B7 30B9 410D 91B0 CEDA933554D2
3090A184 2408 4276 BA49 93650686F829
unfortunately this morning I stupidly top watered them with 3 litres each (added recharge) and the shorty is a bit overwatered now. So I have the cover rolled up on that one to let it dry out a bit today. Hoping they recover quick and I can get the scrog started on Sunday

m4s73r

m4s73r

Looking good! I love the earth boxes. if your going to scrog that I'd get the screens on there. but you look almost ready to flip to flower. Have you grown this before? do we know how she'll stretch and fill out first 3 weeks of bloom?

MyGrowYo

MyGrowYo

Looking good! I love the earth boxes. if your going to scrog that I'd get the screens on there. but you look almost ready to flip to flower. Have you grown this before? do we know how she'll stretch and fill out first 3 weeks of bloom?
Fantastic question! Yea I have NO CLUE what to expect for the stretch, So I could be in a lot of trouble. My throught was to scrog this weekend and depending on how full up it gets to flip sometime the following week. I would love some input here. Based on what I’ve seen scrog seems to absorb a lot of the stretch because each branch has multiple nodes producing flower. But this will be my first flip with healthy plants haha
this is where I was planning on throwing the scrog, then filling all the holes up and flip. Was going to take the exhaust fan out of the tent as well and that would leave me with 40” from scrog to max height of my light, so 20-22” of stretch room availabl.

m4s73r

m4s73r

Well seeing that pic, I retract my statement, they got lots of vertical heights. even better. Ive subbed up looking forward to watching this flower out.

GetOffMyLand

GetOffMyLand

nice. i plug up the fill tubes on mine. bugs find water. these SIPs are legit. they take off quick and dont stop til the end

MyGrowYo

MyGrowYo

Well seeing that pic, I retract my statement, they got lots of vertical heights. even better. Ive subbed up looking forward to watching this flower out.
Nice to know I’m on the right track then. And yea pictures can be so deceiving at times haha I’ve been creeping your hugel bed grow for awhile, appreciate your input👍
nice. i plug up the fill tubes on mine. bugs find water. these SIPs are legit. they take off quick and dont stop til the end
Good call, might just throw an elastic band and some Saran wrap on it haha I’ve had nightmares of fungus gnats swarming out of that tube. And I agree SIPs are super legit, really happy with growth and low maintenanc.

GetOffMyLand

GetOffMyLand

Nice to know I’m on the right track then. And yea pictures can be so deceiving at times haha I’ve been creeping your hugel bed grow for awhile, appreciate your input👍

Good call, might just throw an elastic band and some Saran wrap on it haha I’ve had nightmares of fungus gnats swarming out of that tube. And I agree SIPs are super legit, really happy with growth and low main
hah ya, i jus use a sock or a rag. current grows in pics. the one is a dosi do and the 5 in the other box are all monster crop clones from my last run. glueberry og. hardest part is keeping res full. jus on autopilot

6 1
GetOffMyLand

GetOffMyLand

hah ya, i jus use a sock or a rag. current grows in pics. the one is a dosi do and the 5 in the other box are all monster crop clones from my last run. glueberry og. hardest part is keeping res full. jus on autopilot
idk how old, lost track. put in boxes about 2 weeks ago, put in tent a week ago, jus got done with 36 hrs dark to flip to 12/12 today @ 12pm. i say idk how old because i kept them in solo cups and then small pots for a while to keep them small so i could finish last run.

MyGrowYo

MyGrowYo

oh shit haha same grow. thats jokes, looks good man.
I love the patio pickers, perfect size for a 2x4 tent and half the price of an earthbox, still blows my mind when I see them listed for over $100 haha

MyGrowYo

MyGrowYo

Well tomorrow is officially week 6. Sadly after putting the cover back on the shorter plant I didn’t really check them this week, so I think it stayed to moist and there wasn’t a ton of growth, while her sister continues to be an over achiever and is almost touching the scrog now. I’ve got the cover off on the shorty and hopefully it dries up and she grows a bit faster. If not I guess I’ll have to raise it up another 3”(I’m not convinced it’s overwatering, as both sips soil feels exactly the same). It’s funny, when the seeds popped I would have picked shorty as the plant I thought was going to thrive, just because it sprouted first and had the biggest leaves by far.
I’ll probly get in there tomorrow and throw a light top dress of 50/50 gaia green 4-4-4 and 2-8-4, just need the soil to dry up more before I go top watering again.
8FC40FFC 06A5 4AB4 9050 16C883D6DE71
E8FC9C91 F3EF 4CE6 A272 A56406CD7830

what do you guys think? Overwatered? Just a different pheno?

ImpulsiveGrower

ImpulsiveGrower

Supporter
Well tomorrow is officially week 6. Sadly after putting the cover back on the shorter plant I didn’t really check them this week, so I think it stayed to moist and there wasn’t a ton of growth, while her sister continues to be an over achiever and is almost touching the scrog now. I’ve got the cover off on the shorty and hopefully it dries up and she grows a bit faster. If not I guess I’ll have to raise it up another 3”(I’m not convinced it’s overwatering, as both sips soil feels exactly the same). It’s funny, when the seeds popped I would have picked shorty as the plant I thought was going to thrive, just because it sprouted first and had the biggest leaves by far.
I’ll probly get in there tomorrow and throw a light top dress of 50/50 gaia green 4-4-4 and 2-8-4, just need the soil to dry up more before I go top watering again.View attachment 1209042View attachment 1209043
what do you guys think? Overwatered? Just a different pheno?
She looks healthy to me…

MyGrowYo

MyGrowYo

Top dressed this morning with 5 tbsp of 4-4-4 and 5 tbsp of 2-8-4 Gaia Green this morning and top watered them with 2 litres of water with recharge. Decided on a half dose top dress because there is still plenty of room in the planters. I’m seeing roots coming out the side but nothing on top, so plenty of food for them still. I also added 2 litres of clean water to the res since it was dry this morning. Seems I have to refil the res with 1 gallon of water almost every two days now, but I always let it go dry first, don’t know if it matters.
12B8A315 6C79 49FE 95BF 4ACE0D0969E0
Lights dialed up to 75% today and 26” from scrog. I had also cleaned up the bottom 1/3 of the plants on Sunday to increase airflow.

MyGrowYo

MyGrowYo

Two questions for you guys. First about the scrog, is this the right way to go about it? Just bend over so lowers will pop up and fill the hole the top was in?
593D97DC D010 41E1 A4D6 003A79E3EA9B
second thing I wanted some input on was does this look like the beginning of a magnesium deficiency to you? Based on the reading I’ve done that’s what I suspect. A few new leafs have grown looking like that since I turned the lights up to 75%.
76CF9EBB F53D 4E4B B39E 16F8915284AB

Sunshine9

Sunshine9

Nice grow, they are coming along nicely!

Why do you not PH your water with this setup? I would think enough unbalanced water would eventually cause issues with the soil PH.

Those boxes are interesting, how does airflow get into the soil area when it's completely sealed up? Is it humid inside?

Keep up the good work!

Last edited:
MyGrowYo

MyGrowYo

Nice grow, they are coming along nicely!

Why do you not PH your water with this setup? I would think enough unbalanced water would eventually cause issues with the soil PH.

Those boxes are interesting, how does airflow get into the soil area when it's completely sealed up? Is it humid inside?

Keep up the good work!
I don’t pH the water because I filter it first, so I know I’ve removed fluoride, bleach, and chlorine out. And then I just let the Dolomite lime and gypsum do it’s job really, i think microbes can also help correct pH. I know the soil company also doesn’t pH their water in their grow, so I’m not worried about it either since we use the same tap water. Sorry I don’t have a more educated answer than that haha but so far aside from the first week I haven’t seen any pH issues show up on the plant.
As far as the airflow, their isn’t a ton, but it’s not sealed up at all. Big X cut for the stem but it is humid, I think it simulates a mulch layer pretty well without adding anything to the mix. Lots of mold showing up now and fuzzy roots sticking out the side. I’m flipping on Sunday so hopefully things continue to stay on cruise control for the next 2 months.👍

Sunshine9

Sunshine9

Nice, sorry I couldn't answer your leaf discoloration questions, I'll leave that to the pros. Looks great though, I'll keep watching!

MyGrowYo

MyGrowYo

Defoliated on Sunday, let some light get to all the tops, and anything that was just getting bunched up together. Almost snapped a top off being a little rough with it, taped it up though.
F92FDB2F BCF8 48E3 AA4A 1D112306CC3E
And tonight will be their first 12h of dark, can’t keep waiting on shorty to catch up, not all seeds are winners I guess, who knows, maybe it will be the dank. Hopefully I didn’t over veg, im scared of how big the one on the right might get

Latest posts

Top Bottom