Second grow, should I switch nutrients?

• Thread starter Green Giant
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Green Giant

Green Giant

Just finished my first grow about a month ago. I think I had good success for a first time grower.

I used General Hydroponics Go Box for the first run, but I was wondering if I would get better results with a different line.

I averaged around 3.3 OZ per plant, and the guy that I got the cuts from states he pulls close to a pound per plant using Advanced. They were Sour Chem strain.

Just wondering what you all think about switching up my nutrient line.

Thanks

GG

P

paulycali

How long you both veg for?

Those are good numbers for a begginer. It will only get better once you dial in the nutes

Its always good to get used to the nutrients and how your plant responds to it

Next cycle should be even better

I know your buddy said he pulls an elbow from each plant. He could also be pulling your leg. Its possible of course to pull an elbow plus some with the proper veg

So if you both vegged the same and did everything the same but used different nutrients then maybe it might be good to make the switch. That means everthing the same. Lights, atmosphere, ballasts, veg time, flower time ect. If those werent all the same then you really cant compare. Some growers are better growers though

From what i can tell i would just stick with the GH box for now. Get used to it. Go one more cycle. Same clone same everything. You'll see a difference

Good luck :)

CrippledArcher

CrippledArcher

Definitely what they said, First grow pretty damn good ,The two that are on the way after learning more about nutes technical stuff. I should triple what I did last time.

philly kush

philly kush

If u pulled that on your 1st grow i would stay with what works.Thats good 4 a first grow,post some pix

N

nightfun

If u pulled that on your 1st grow i would stay with what works.Thats good 4 a first grow,post some pix

+1

A rule to remember... every grower will have different results with the same exact plant. Not every grow room and the care they give will be the same. Over 3 oz's per plant is great for a first, second or third grow. My advice.. change nutes if YOU want to. Answer these questions...

Do YOU like the taste of your bud?

Does it get YOU high?

Are you happy with the results of your first grow?

If you answered NO to any of these, then start researching new alternatives.

Ever after

Ever after

dude the guy who you get the clones from is he using a different system or more lighting or bigger pots? or more roots? / longer veg? lol a lb per plant that almost sounds exagerated :)

Green Giant

Green Giant

I did a few things differently than my buddy, I used lights hung vert with no hoods, the GH nuterients (he used Advanced). I think I veged longer than he did, pulled after 10 weeks of flower.

I think I did OK but every time I talk to him I feel like I dident....... I got to keep him out of my head!!!

Thanks guys I feel better.

Latest posts

Top Bottom