Second grow, still don’t know... (crap)

• Thread starter OneHitWonder
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
OneHitWonder

OneHitWonder

I’m on my second attempt at growing the best weed ever grown in the history of the world. I thought I’d start on the right foot, so I used bag seed and dirt from outside. Actually, I used some of the soil from my last grow mixed with an amended “super soil” I made. Everything was going great until I topdressed with some coast of Maine lobster compost. About a week after the application I started getting some tip burn, and some browning at the leaf edges. So I dug out the compost and replaced with FFOF potting mix. Been feeding with a small amount of liquid kelp, mainly because it seems to lower the pH of my tap water. Soil pH reads very alkaline with the cheap probe I have, but noticed the same thing on my first grow without incident. I’m currently on day 37 of flower, and the problem seems to be getting worse. Also getting some yellowing on one of the plants lower leaves. I know some of that is natural as the plant reaches the end of its life, just seems too early for a 9 week est. flower cycle. I’ll try to post some pics because I’ve never seen nute burn quite like it. What do you guys think? Thx

Second grow still dont know crap
Second grow still dont know crap 2
Second grow still dont know crap 3
Second grow still dont know crap 4
Second grow still dont know crap 5
Second grow still dont know crap 6
BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
Welcome to the farm. Lots of knowledge on the farm. Here’s a quick picture that may help regarding the yellowing from the bottom up.
A91420BD BC34 4293 A9CE 718B0F6486DA

Start of a calcium deficiency? If you’re able, can you get a picture of the whole plant in regular light, from the pot to the top of canopy. Are you feeding anything other than the kelp? That would help the farm. Happy grows.

Timbo0716

Timbo0716

Can you please show them in plain light?? Better to see the whole plant in natural light.

OneHitWonder

OneHitWonder

Thx for the replies, that chart your looks great. I’ve only seen a million of them, but usually just a single leaf diagnosis. So confusing to me how a plant can be exhibiting clear signs of nitrogen toxicity, yet be yellowing, and showing signs of nutrient deficiencies. I have been going all hippie crunchy with my growing style, and compost was king on my last grow. Never thought it could cause problems. I had thrips and springtails, weird mites and worms all seeming to keep each other in balance, and the girls were happy as can be, but this go around, I’m kinda stumped and a little nervous I won’t be able to keep them healthy till harvest. Here’s some pics I just took under the best light I could manage.

07A8AD7D DA84 4F69 BA20 0160627A4CDD
F5982F8D 4C12 4E9B 9705 3176FF9A826E
D689657D C252 4F38 9382 D2A20EEB74F4
AF298929 309B 4B51 9CA6 43A2E41F2F57
BE8B085C AB87 447B AD64 8E2DEE5395D6
C0FAA6C2 67D9 4C30 A536 11204F1B953D
20AA5DF0 31B9 40F2 850C F0AD8AA56DC6
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Thx for the replies, that chart your looks great. I’ve only seen a million of them, but usually just a single leaf diagnosis. So confusing to me how a plant can be exhibiting clear signs of nitrogen toxicity, yet be yellowing, and showing signs of nutrient deficiencies. I have been going all hippie crunchy with my growing style, and compost was king on my last grow. Never thought it could cause problems. I had thrips and springtails, weird mites and worms all seeming to keep each other in balance, and the girls were happy as can be, but this go around, I’m kinda stumped and a little nervous I won’t be able to keep them healthy till harvest. Here’s some pics I just took under the best light I could manage.
Because the nitrogen toxicity is from before and the effects dont leave the plant. Now you have a potassium deficiency and a nitrogen deficiency. kinda looks like you heading into a lockout.

What are you feeding?
How often are you feeding it?
watering practices?
all nutrients and supplements given through the grow?

mancorn

mancorn

You say your kelp is lowering your pH? I've found that it raises mine, while fish hydrolysate lowers it (fairly dramatically). How confident are in with your readings?

I was just doing some transplanting this afternoon and my tap is normally around 7.5 and it was up a full point after adding the recommended dose of kelp.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Sorry OP no offence but i'm adding organics to the PH perfect and avoiding both. I didn't read clearly

growsince79

growsince79

I would flush them to 50% runoff with half strength bloom nutes. VF-11 is a miracle plant fixer and makes awesome buds..

Top Bottom