Second true leaves are twisted

• Thread starter FirstTimer99
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
FirstTimer99

FirstTimer99

2 out of 5 seedlings are experiencing this issue with the second true leaves twisting. I've heard of drooping, curling, etc.. but not twisting. They started growing out this way when they begun.
Second true leaves are twisted 2
Second true leaves are twisted 3

I'm a noob so just learning along the journey. Do I need to be concerned. Will they flatten out on their own. Is there something I might of done wrong that I can fix next time.

They are a week old today. Thanks for reading!

Grownsince95

Grownsince95

❤🌱❤🤘😁✌
Supporter
I feel like this is fairly common in the first few nodes with a lot of seedlings under LED's. Usually leaf twisting and distortion are due to a calcium issues but I think when they're this young it's just a matter of "growing pains" Calcium is immobile which makes it trickier for the plants to handle because they can't move it from leaf to leaf it must travel with water from the medium. Even a brief interruption will manifest like that in such a young plant. If they were mine I would let a few more nodes grow and see how its going. 👍🌱

Last edited:
ezenzyme

ezenzyme

DO NOT FEED THOSE BEBYS ANYTHING!!!! For proper diagnostics we need all the info, what kinda dirt are they in? What kinda lights are they under, and how far away? How often are you watering? What kinda temps and humidity are you running? Also pics under reg lighting will give everyone a better idea of whats going on. Sometimes theres a warped seedling when i start, but usually not that many, i get like 2-5 out of a hundred, so i imagine its either shitty genes or improper care.

FirstTimer99

FirstTimer99

Thank you both for your replies.

They are in Fox Farm Ocean Forest, nothing added at this time since they are so young.

Under 600 equivalent led light about 30 inches away.

I water when they dry out, I've only watered twice since planting.

70-75 degrees, 60-70% humidity.

They are grape ape

TripsRabbit

TripsRabbit

Could be a genetic trait, my two scoops from elev8 are doing the same thing.
CM201217 191557002

ezenzyme

ezenzyme

It prolly is the FOFF that stuff is rather hot to put seedlings into, next time mix out the foff with additional coco or peat and some air ration so its not so hot. I like to rock more peat in my seedling mix because it holds H20 longer than coco(i thinks FOFF is mostly coco). make sure your watering is dialed in, its the most simple but sometimes the hardest thing to get right at times. You dont want your seedlings to dry fully at this stage, Possibly in a week or two you can get away with it. If you let fully dry the tiny tap will dry out and shrivel and kill it, now if you over water you will fuck it up as well. I like to mist in between waterings when they are this small and make sure you water lightly to avoid knockin em over, i use a pump sprayer at first

Latest posts

Top Bottom