Secret Jardin 5x10x7

• Thread starter masshole61
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
masshole61

masshole61

Thinking about buying a tent for my basement. Want to know if I can use two 1000w air cooled reflectors with a six or 8 inch fan and be able to control the heat without AC. If not, how much light can I put in there and keep the temps in check without AC?

G

GrowOutLoud

What is the air temp range of your of fresh incoming air? I ask because many people grow in a garage or basement or cellar where the air is 60 degrees or less. These situations don't always need aircon because the outside air source is much cooler than the 75 degrees or so that's optimum for your grow chamber.

Also what kind of lighting do you have in mind? How many lights, what type, wattage, and so on. As long as you have a relatively cool incoming air source you can modify your lighting arrangement to accommodate. If you're using intense wattage you may want to exhaust heat with glass covered ducted light fixtures. If your incoming air source is only a few degrees below your target temp for your room you may want to use lighting such as LED's or CFL's that will run a lot cooler than HPS or HID bulbs.

The LED's will let you customize your spectrum more than any other solution and LED technology is advancing more rapidly than any other lighting systems and it's cheaper on power. Startup costs are higher but aircon for cooling intense heat will cost you a lot more in the long run.

Again the variables are unlimited. I've grown with CFL's in a closet and was able to manage the heat very well even with a small HPS light for warm spectrum emphasis.

indonesia

indonesia

two thowys are going to be super hot especially with only one duct fan. that fan is just to keep the air moving thru the lights, its not cold air unless youre pulling from outside lol. Everywhere ive read says ideal blooming temps are 70-77degreesF. 86 and higher and 55 and lower will stop/ stunt growth. you should stay within a 15 degree window or you could stress your babies for example if youre at 75 degrees lights on, then you shouldnt go any lower than 60 when theyre sleeping. just an example, some people keep their rooms at 58-65degrees to make that chlorophyll start turning, its all preferance, thats the beauty of it all:)

Top Bottom