Secret Jardin Dark Room 10x10 hold 6 lights safely?

• Thread starter Sway
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

Sway

hey farmers,
was wondering if anyone out there runs 6 lights in the secret jardin 10x10 tents. i got a buddy who runs 4, and he has hasnt had any issues, but you guys think it can hold 6 safely? im a fabricator so i can make something work to hold it up safely, i was just wondering if anyone out here does this already and could show some pics.

also, the hydrohut 10x10 is supposed to come out in a few months. that tent walks all over the secret jardin, and i know the hydrohut could hold 6 lights easily. anyone know anymore info about when the 10x10's are gonna come out exactly?

C

CANNASSEUR

Some of the bigger tents can give off a toxic odour which harms plants if they heat up over 85-90. The newer chrome lined tents are supposed to prevent this.. Tents are temporary andd with 6 lights the venting needed would collapse a tent when it is zipped shut...

S

Sway

they remade the tents a few years ago when they figured that one out. thanks though.

with the steel frames the tents can withstand a substantial vacuum, but really, the lights arent on the same exhaust line, they are seperate, and sealed. so no matter how large of a fan, could be 2 12inch, its not going to affect the vacuum of the room since they are on their own duct system.

tents are temporary, but they are great grow rooms and can be dialed in quite nice for a setup smaller than 6 lights. if your renting a house they are awesome since u dont have to do any damage to the house.

p.s., try and do an intro post as your first post.

R

Rolln J

Tents are temporary andd with 6 lights the venting needed would collapse a tent when it is zipped shut...

tents are not temporary! if you vent the lights as a closed circuit (as people normally do) it wont affect the negative pressure at all!

D

Dobegarden

?

I've been usinbg tents for past year and still consider myself a newbie! Could someone please explain what negative pressure is????

R

Rolln J

I've been usinbg tents for past year and still consider myself a newbie! Could someone please explain what negative pressure is????

when your tent sucks inward because your exhausting out the air rather then blowing up the tent by running an intake fan...

dayday

dayday

Premium Member
Supporter
when the extractor sucking more air out then the air coming in......so the sides on ur tent are sucking in...

i hope that explains i'm i'm half baked :cool0041:

dayday

Rolling J beat me to it my takeaway just come to door and i never pressed submit lol

R

Rolln J

lol dayday - you in England atm? did you get snowed in?

dayday

dayday

Premium Member
Supporter
lol dayday - you in England atm? did you get snowed in?

yeah I'm England but not snowed in thank god i live near a city but its -9... it says on the news the gas supplies are getting low with everyone trying to keep warm and its going be like this for a week....

The UK cant deal with snow, there are poorer countries out there that have snow everyday they live life with no problems but here in the England 2 inches of snow and life stops and becomes chaotic and takes over the news channels its a joke....

but i think its funny tho because you can see some house never have no snow on there roofs lol i think they are growing weed in the lofts as the snow never settles on the roof lol

dayday

R

Rolln J

-9 ouch - that tricky global warming at it again! its 60 here today...:D

dayday

dayday

Premium Member
Supporter
-9 ouch - that tricky global warming at it again! its 60 here today...:D

60 i can only dream of that here in the uk even in our shitty summers we are lucky if we reach 60 ...enjoy RJ and think of us poor brits lol

L

LA Woman

Some of the bigger tents can give off a toxic odour which harms plants if they heat up over 85-90. The newer chrome lined tents are supposed to prevent this.. Tents are temporary andd with 6 lights the venting needed would collapse a tent when it is zipped shut...

No offense but thats one of the craziest things I've ever read.

R

Rolln J

its true - I think sun hut was the company that had a recall because of this - it was the white lined tents...

M

Married2Mary

Premium Member
Supporter
All you need to do is some wooden dowls or metal rods to fit inside the tubing the makes up the tents structure... Doing that will seriously strengthen those tubes to be able to hold alot more weight...

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
great advice marry. i am gonna thin about this in mine cuz they just dont feel as sturdy as i would like. im always scared they are gonna crash down

S

Sway

yea, what i did was in the space where my tent is, put a heavy duty hook in the stud above, and poked a small hole in the tent and used a chain to hold up the center of the tent. its actually pretty bomber now, just seal around the chain real good and the room is still sealed... but the new hydrohut 10x10s are supposed to be strong enough so you dont have to do this..

E

edub30

I also have a 10x10 with a portable a/c inside. Let me tell you it gets really hot in those things. I run 4 600 and it gets smoldering hot during the summer. But I think I'm maxed out with light in that tent. I can't see putting anymore unless I get a crazy A/C unit. The tent does also create a vacuum like everyone else is saying and it collapses right in the center. Going to have to try out that chain in the middle idea. Thanks Sway.

purpleberry

purpleberry

I just set a 4.5x9.5 and put a 4x8 ply wood on each end and ran a 2x4 down the middle, Now I can hang a couple magnum xxxls hoods, and i have a wall on each end i screw fans ballasts ect to. Its really a pain to hang anything in a tent with out wood to screw to.
I smelt some fums coming off the inside on a homebox, are these ok? the fumes have gone away pretty fast, I thought the problem was with some pvc frames, not the lining.

R

R1ridah

The darkroom 4x8 seems ok. The 10x10 is kiinda sketchy with the plastic polymer corners and stuff. I would be kinda nervous about putting magnumxxl hoods in there. I've seen an accidentally partially collapsed tent (not mine, and not pretty). Too much load up top.

The tents are as temporary as the zippers will last ya!

Top Bottom