Secret Jardin DR150 question

• Thread starter Somnambulist
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

Somnambulist

Hi guys and gals,

Was thinking of picking up a DR150 and have a question about the strength of the support bars that cross the ceiling. Hopefully someone is running the same setup and can chime in.

I want to run a 1000W with a Magnum XXXL vented hood. I also want to hang a can filter as well (probably a 33), and possibly a vortex too, if the weight is not too much.

So question is, will the support bars at the top of the tent hold all that weight?

I thought it would, but then I saw a review video on youtube from one of the retailers that sell it and he was using a Magnum XXXL and said that if you use the magnum, you might not want to hang a can filter too because the support crossbars are not the sturdiest, and may not support the weight.

What do you think? Too much weight, or would it be OK?

S

Somnambulist

Anyone?

Bueller???

:scared0016:

C'mon, I know someone has to be running something similar in a DR150...

:character0050:

S

snoweed420

I dont know but i think the hydrohut can support those equipments.

crom

crom

Cannobi Genetics
Supporter
Hi guys and gals,

Was thinking of picking up a DR150 and have a question about the strength of the support bars that cross the ceiling. Hopefully someone is running the same setup and can chime in.

I want to run a 1000W with a Magnum XXXL vented hood. I also want to hang a can filter as well (probably a 33), and possibly a vortex too, if the weight is not too much.

So question is, will the support bars at the top of the tent hold all that weight?

I thought it would, but then I saw a review video on youtube from one of the retailers that sell it and he was using a Magnum XXXL and said that if you use the magnum, you might not want to hang a can filter too because the support crossbars are not the sturdiest, and may not support the weight.

What do you think? Too much weight, or would it be OK?

Yes it will. Put your extraction fan on top of the tent with the suction side down in roof hole. Hang your filter from the supports inside and duct to your fan. I have a Magnum xxxl 6" and it's fine. I even have a piece of plywood about 2x'3' holding a wall mount fan on it. Never had weight issues in my 5x5 Secret Jardin. Won't buy a different brand till something better comes out. Great tents!

Cheers,
Crom

T

theherbalizor

Premium Member
Supporter
I have a mk1 version. With 2 blockbusters, 8 inch carbon, 8 inch td silent and ducting, all hanging from the roof poles. Sags a little but is all good.

T

theherbalizor

Premium Member
Supporter
Oh and a vent axia meteor oscillator.

crom

crom

Cannobi Genetics
Supporter
What's good Herb? Hey are you running A/C in a tent? I have a 5x5 and want to make my environment perfect. Suggestions on temp/rh? I do not run CO2 at the moment. I thought I saw a DIY thread on a window A/C box or something to that affect.

Onespark

Onespark

I got one of those with a XXXL in it. I have a tiny little filter hanging in there too with the fan on top of the tent. Works like a charm. Just backing up what was said by Crom and the others for ya.

Onespark

Onespark

SOo I am just addind on to say

200 Posts yo! What now!? Ya thats right. What!!

(tongue goes in cheek)

J

JAHGYDI

What's good Herb? Hey are you running A/C in a tent? I have a 5x5 and want to make my environment perfect. Suggestions on temp/rh? I do not run CO2 at the moment. I thought I saw a DIY thread on a window A/C box or something to that affect.

check out mr bongs tent. i run my tent in a sealed room that has ac and co2.

M

moleygunn

I've seen promotional pictures of the DR150 with an average sized girl hanging off the bars with her hands, so I guess it'll hold at least 100lbs

Top Bottom