Secret Jardin DR80

• Thread starter VAPOUR
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
V

VAPOUR

Ok so i'm gonna be steppin up from cfl's to hps for my next grow, Ill be using the DR80 (just under 3x3) with a closed end reflector using passive intake, What size light do you guy's reckon i should go for?

Any help appreciated:)

JH420

JH420

I'm not sure what you mean by closed end reflector...but my recommendation would be 600 watts in an air-cooled hood.

V

VAPOUR

Hey JH420 I mean just a normal reflector, was gonna get the 6" super sun 2 air cooled but the extraction on the tent is only 5". What light would you recommend non air cooled?, my inline fan is a 5" moves 342m3/hr.

R

r1mob

iv got a dr100 with a 600 watt and dr60 with a 250 watt if they were air cooled i would have no problems at all i think an air cooled 600 would be ok and maximise your yeild in that space

R

r1mob

if your using passing intake make sure you get a inline extractor fan overzied for your tent like one for a dr100 so you can suck in enough air, if your intereted i can show you a pic on my passive intake. i also hooked up a fan on my reflector then sucked hot air out from the other side of the reflector i have pics

T

true blue

400hps with cooltube this allows you to grow plants with a little more sativa.600 would be crazy bit to much in that space i reckon only my opinion though good luck mate

C

Canvas

I run a 600 watt air cooled hood in a DR80, temps are +6 to +11 above the temp in the room, not much more heat than a 400 and more and better nugs. The tent could use bigger exhaust openings, 4 inch is really small. I am planning on getting a second exhaust fan, but I would do that even with a 400.

Oh, those temps are in farenheight :P

MakinGoo

MakinGoo

I got a DR80 4 my clones & I Also veg with T5's in there 2.. My tent gots 6in vent holes so u can run an air cooled 600 eazy

ProdigyGrower

ProdigyGrower

Alien Junkie and bush master
Supporter
you could get the medium size adjustawing that would be perfect if you can keep your temps right and then go with a 6oo watt hps I likt the lumatek bulbs personally especially if your using a digital ballast.

qupee

qupee

I run 400w in the same sized GrowLab tent, in a Super Sun (not 2) with 4" vents. I could run 600w in it probably, but that's getting excessively bright in that small space. The small vent holes suck majorly. Why couldn't they put 6" in it, and at least one more up top. Sucks.

Top Bottom