Secret jardin lights?

• Thread starter Tolpan
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

Tolpan

Hey Bros!

Has anybody used secret jardin lights? I wanted to buy some T5 for clones and seedgrows. But a good friend who works in the grow shop, said that those lights are much better than T5!?

They look great and I will let you know, when I run them how they work!

Cheers Tolpan

Secret jardin lights
Secret jardin lights 2
Secret jardin lights 3
Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
Those are looped T5's, not better, unless the fact that they loop back on themselves gives double the amount of light in same length is a benifit that is seen as better.

Tex

F

FastForward

They look like mine, but seem a bit less powered. I've got the 55w tubes - they look the same, double backed straight fluoro but obviously I get 110w from a 2 tube setup. The key, as with all fluoros, is to keep them close to the canopy (about 2-3cm!). I love mine...I veg everything underneath them and haven't had a prob. I found it better/easier/cheaper than a low end MH for vegging.

T

Tolpan

Thanks FF! Yes I was also thinking buying the 55 Watt, but for my needs, this fits better! But I will get some more soon!

Tolpan

F

FastForward

I've also supplemented my 110w with a LED board. There are also these newer T5HO (high output) tubes that have sunblaster 6400k tubes in @ 28w each, that you can daisy chain (up to 5). They're short (will fit in DR60) and relatively cheap (20 UKP each) if you need extra juice.

Also, I find that my 110w outperforms a 125w CFL just because it has much better light spread due to the physical length of the tubes

T

Tolpan

Thanks FF!

Will check the T5HO!

I have a DR 60, perhaps I will order some!

Cheers

T

Tolpan

Hey Ganjalover!
That looks good, where have you bought it, would you also recommend LED for motherroom`The UFO?
Me thinks of putting an UFO in my motherroom, where I currently run a 250 CFL!
But this would also be nice for cuts and seeds!

Thanks

Tolpan

homebrew420

homebrew420

those are a type of T5. with a 2G11 pin style. they put out slightly less than a typical HO T5, at about 4800 lumens. they come in all sorts of color temps and are used a good deal in europe from what I understand. I have some and used them over my aquarium when I had a planted tank. now they sit idle. maybe today i will replace the ballast and rewire them to work. alot of light for the 22' footprint but not higher output. I would however take this style of CFL over any other on the market, as it is far more effecient at delivering light evenly. Hope this helps
For the best price I have found, www.ahsupply.com/
Peace

Top Bottom