secret room grow

• Thread starter dankbank
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

dankbank

i created a secret room by cutting a walk in closet in half with an actual wall(drywall, paint, etc.) the room is about 7' high, 5'6" long, and 3'5" wide.

There is a dryer duct that runs through the room that leads directly to the outside.

im thinking of using two 400 watt lights, one hps, one mh. I need to use a small inline fan with a carbine filter to keep the air fresh and clean.

Any suggestions as to which inline fan and carbine filters i should use?
Any suggestions as to how i should set up the two 400 wt lights?
Any suggestions on which light set ups to purchase?

lollipopman

lollipopman

Check out vaportek4000, shit does way better then can fan and ona... Cheaper too

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
if your able to utilize the whole footprint Id go with 2 x 600 in there - much better penetration and your yield will be dramatically improved

trust me - I have lots of gear sitting around that I outgrew or had buyers remorse way too soon.

I have some 600 digitals I got through HTG supply with air cooled hoods and bulbs for like 270 delivered

3 years later and they are still kicking ass in a few tent/side projects I got going, no hiccups

upgrade to the euro reflector

you'll want to aircool those lights so I would get 2 fans - one for the lights and one for filtration/ventilation

S

Steve Z

if your able to utilize the whole footprint Id go with 2 x 600 in there - much better penetration and your yield will be dramatically improved

trust me - I have lots of gear sitting around that I outgrew or had buyers remorse way too soon.

I have some 600 digitals I got through HTG supply with air cooled hoods and bulbs for like 270 delivered

3 years later and they are still kicking ass in a few tent/side projects I got going, no hiccups

upgrade to the euro reflector

you'll want to aircool those lights so I would get 2 fans - one for the lights and one for filtration/ventilation

for real dude! 600 with the euro reflector all day! 264 with free shipping if you buy it from them via ebay and not htgsupply

sounds like a nice set up, so with this wall in place, how do you actually get into the room? gotta think about the plants and all, hopefully its something simple i cant think of right now...

Mr.GoodCat

Mr.GoodCat

i would also reccomend 2-600 for that footprint although I would reccomoend using cooltubes instead of hoods. if you can find a good deal on a couple 600 ballast then you can get cooltubes for 50 bucks each on accessdiscountlighting.com i like cooltubes in small spaces because it allows the air to move through at a higher rate of speed and really helps in cooling. as far as fans go pick up a 400cfm 6" fan. Active air makes a cheap one and they are well made, it will keep your bulbs cool.

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
you can get the lights from htg with cooltubes same price as I and Z mentioned

thx Z, I almost forgot about their ebay store!

D

dankbank

for real dude! 600 with the euro reflector all day! 264 with free shipping if you buy it from them via ebay and not htgsupply

sounds like a nice set up, so with this wall in place, how do you actually get into the room? gotta think about the plants and all, hopefully its something simple i cant think of right now...

when i put up the wall i made a simple hinged door on the far left side, its about a 1'6" wide and goes all the way to the top with a small handle in the middle far left side on the door. However being a closet i hang my suit protector on the left side covering up the small handle and know one is the wiser.

D

dankbank

Again with these cooling set ups you guys recommend i need to lead this ducting to attach to some 6'' ducting already going through the room. With your recomended set ups will i be able to do that or do they need to be directly mounted into the wall. And also will i be able to connect an odor filter to these set ups because being a secret grow i need to control odor.

TheIrieOne

TheIrieOne

yeah I agree with everyone.. two 6's...with hoods and the kind of filter is dependent upon the square footage..but I would recommend can-fan filter..more carbon and last better overall.

B

Bobby Smith

Maybe if you spent 10-15 minutes sketching/drawing what your exact setup is people would have a better idea and be better able to help you.

Unless I'm misunderstanding, it sounds to me like the only door is on one side of the closet, so for all intents and purposes you're going to have zero access to 75% of the plants in there - a diagram/drawing would let me see if I'm understanding you or not.

B

brick20

you say u running an hps and a mh...
will u have veg and a flower room..?

D

dankbank

Maybe if you spent 10-15 minutes sketching/drawing what your exact setup is people would have a better idea and be better able to help you.

Unless I'm misunderstanding, it sounds to me like the only door is on one side of the closet, so for all intents and purposes you're going to have zero access to 75% of the plants in there - a diagram/drawing would let me see if I'm understanding you or not.

i will see if i can do this, or i just might take a picture and post it up here

Top Bottom