Secret Room

• Thread starter Underground
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
U

Underground

I have a breezeway between my garage and house. The garage was added after the house was built, and then the breezeway was built connecting the two. The space under the breezeway was just grade level dirt. I cut an opening to this space from the basement and have it almost all dug out. It is approx 10'x12'. I'm hoping to get my hands on an old air handler with a two speed motor. My idea is to activate low speed when the t-stat calls for ventilation. Since RH rises on temp drop, I'm going to series in a single pole double humidistat after the t-stat. The common on the humidistat will be fed from the load side of the t-stat. The normally closed contact on the humidistat will run to the low speed, the other will control the high speed. That way if it's too hot and humid, it will change the air really fast. I would also like to put another fan in my attic drawing outside air to mix with the exhaust. I'm figuring on a 4/1 ratio between air volume of outside air to exhaust air, so that the air will be closer to the outside temps. Through a series of relays and contactors, I would also like to run the attic fans at a reduced speed when the exhaust is on low. I will also put an outside temp sensor that will kill the attic fan(s) if it is above 80*F outside.
Or should I keep the room completely sealed? If I do that, I think I would still do the air handler but get one with an A coil in it to run AC.

J

jvilla

i would keep it sealed carbon airfilter scrubing the air every so often in the room and spray magic green everyweek it keeps the smell min. when the plants start to smell like a ton of bricks i give them a bath with magic green.

(A 100% biological plant booster that not only provides nutrients for the leaves, but also protects the plant against external threats.)Magic Green forms a kind of wax film on the leaves to prevent insects and mold from damaging the plant. Magic Green also enhances the plants natural balance)(from sitehttp://www.gchydro.com/House%2B&%2BGarden%2BMagic%2BGreen.html)

U

Underground

It's gonna be cool because when you look under the breezeway, it will still look the same. I'm gonna install a false ceiling in the room and put foam on top and spray it with 3M 90 and put dirt all over it. Near the vent window I am going to make a box, so that if someone reached in there everything will seem normal. To get into the room I am going to install a panel in a bookcase that comes off by touching a 9 volt battery to two of the apparent finish nails holding it together. The doorway is 18" off the ground so that if there were any floods, it will never enter the basement. There is a footing drain that is I can access and tie in drains for leaching. There is also hot and cold water feeds that I can run into the room very easily. I am going to install a 50 amp sub-panel off of the welder feed and I will have an electrically held contactor control the panel. I will make half of a receptacle be the switch. I will take an old lamp and use it to plug into the receptacle. That way if any shit is going down, I unplug the lamp. I will run the hold circuit through a set of accessory contacts so that it will require a manual reset after unplugging the lamp. I can't wait to get this done!! I plan on using this room to grow for my wife and I. I plan on never running out of the stuff that works good for us. Some stuff works great for my anxiety, but some seems to make it worse.
PS Now you can see why I chose the name Underground!!

Top Bottom