Securing a window

• Thread starter slim
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

slim

I was wondering if anyone had any tips or advice on sealing up a window. I'm putting up some plywood to cut vents for a/c and whatnot. I didn't know if anyone had any tips for making it not look like a plywood window.

Thanks in advance.
-Slim

R

Rolln J

metal mini blinds with a blanket or a sheet - then your plywood...

S

slim

Thanks for the advice! So then the vents would push/pull through the blanket and blinds? How much would that reduce efficiency? I'm just trying to think of everything.

Thanks
-Slim

R

Rolln J

Thanks for the advice! So then the vents would push/pull through the blanket and blinds? How much would that reduce efficiency? I'm just trying to think of everything.

Thanks
-Slim

if your gonna vent through there - prolly minus the blanket then - get the thick blinds (plantation style) so they rattle/move less

S

slim

Thanks for the input!

I'll have to play around with it a little to see what looks the best without inhibiting airflow.

-Slim

4u2sm0ke

4u2sm0ke

I use Blinds and then just paint the plywood Black looks like lights are out from the sidewalk..hope this helps..and keep us posted..

take care and be safe

S

ShorelineTex

They sell replacement parts for portable ACs that would make messing with the window easier...take a look at how this one is hooked up with the ducting:

You can order window locks to keep people from opening it further than the ducting, along with the actual ducting kit (go to the second page) at this site:

I would imagine that it would be easier to cut a hole in your plywood for something like this, and it would look reasonably tidy.

S

slim

I use Blinds and then just paint the plywood Black looks like lights are out from the sidewalk..hope this helps..and keep us posted..

take care and be safe

Good call! Sounds like a plan to me.

Thanks everyone!
-Slim

Latest posts

Top Bottom