Security advice.

• Thread starter DND
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

DND

Here's the story...

Rented a place for 3 years and moved out going on 2 months now. In order to get my security deposit back I had to write a letter to my old landlord. I wasn't nasty, but I just stated the facts about the laws regarding returning my deposit. He failed to provide a list for the deductions within 30 days so I requested the full amount which by law he is required to do. I figure this somewhat pissed him off (or at least annoyed him) especially with the time of year and money being tight. I did mention in the letter we would proceed with legal action if he didn't comply within 15 days.

Anyhow, today was the day before the 15 days ran out and he shows up at my new place, check in hand. Caught me a little off guard and we have a little chat. I tell him that it was nothing personal and that we just wanted our deposit back. He seemed pretty cool, but he mentioned that he was just a little upset that we didn't tell him about a broken window and a few other minor things. He also mentioned that he found some seeds in a baggie. I played it off and said we like to smoke every once in a while. He responded with something along the lines of they weren't in a regular baggy, but a little one. Basically it seemed like he knew they were for growing and not a few seeds left over from a sack, at least that's what my paranoia led me to think. I just looked at him perplexed and said I dunno...played stupid.

The whole conversation ended after a minute or so. We shook hands and said everything is all good and to have a Merry Christmas. I apologized and told him thanks. Question is, should I be worried now? I have one mother plant vegging and I'm not in a medical state. It seemed like he was cool with everything, but you never know if he might mention it to LEO. His ex-wife is a local cop, but we moved out of her jurisdiction. <<<This is what bothers me the most, otherwise I wouldn't be so paranoid. I know he has smoked before and probably did a lot more than that in his past. I found a joint in his basement after I moved in and heard stories about how he partied hard in the past (was in a band).

Just not sure if I should scrap everything for a while or just ride it out to see what happens. I'm sure the punishment for 1 plant isn't harsh, but I don't want that on my record if something were to come of it. We were always pretty cool and left on a good note, but that means little when/if you piss people off.

Anyone care to give some input?

C

c4NN4daze

My dude...paranoia is what gets people in trouble. A bag of seeds is the last thing in this guys mind. He prolly brought that up cause he knows young guns got the funk. Don't tell whats not known!!!!!....ya dig? Grow on. CD

D

DND

I hear ya about the paranoia, it's a bitch...lol. I'm just not 100% sure on why he brought the seeds up. Maybe to makeup for the fact that he tried to keep my deposit, as if to say he had something on me. Either way, I'm not too worried about it. I'll be on alert in-case someone comes knocking.

jagle

jagle

sounds to me like he might of been mentioning it as to let you know, s in future you be more careful, or just to have something against you because of you giving him proper legal notices for the return of the deposit, i wouldnt worry about it to be honest, besides whos to say the seeds are yours, a friends, strangers in your house at a party one night you know

Nobodynobody

Nobodynobody

Well like you said. He was a little upset about the few broken things. Keep in mind a Depos is for anything that gos south side. IDK what it looks like but let him keep the cash for the damage and learn your lesson.

also good idea to always play it stupid.

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
maybe he just wanted you to fire up a doobie and now he thinks your holding out on him

D

DND

Well like you said. He was a little upset about the few broken things. Keep in mind a Depos is for anything that gos south side. IDK what it looks like but let him keep the cash for the damage and learn your lesson.

also good idea to always play it stupid.

Lesson learned about doing a better final walk-through for sure. I understand what deposits are for and had no problem with him fixing whatever needed repair. But the fact is he was going to keep the whole amount if I would have allowed him too. I knew the laws and wasn't about to be out of $750 for a few repairs that may have added up to $100 total.

D

DND

maybe he just wanted you to fire up a doobie and now he thinks your holding out on him

Lol, never even thought about that one, all he had to do is ask. I'm sure he kept the seeds which I now know were some AK47 beans that I forgot about. He can grow those and he should be happy.

M

mal

Premium Member
Supporter
Agree with motherlode

I think the guy just wanted a little bud or to burn one, one of yours

mal

Top Bottom