Seed Bank Question RE: Platinum Seed Bank??

• Thread starter Hawk518
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Hawk518

Hawk518

Hope this is the right place to post this...

Has anyone ever used the Platinum Seed Bank?
Couldn't find them in the list of sponsors, but I might have missed it.

Backstory:
Finally opened a Twitter account in an attempt to win some seeds. Entered a naming contest run by LadyAlien where I had to tag NewBankPlatinum which says it's the Platinum Seed Bank. I was told that I was one of their winners and that I'd won a Pound of one of their strains. Told them I'd rather have some seeds and they generously offered 10 packs of seeds instead. Then they immediately asked for my mailing info...again.

Being new to the whole Twitter thing, I took everything at face value. I never even thought of possible scams. But when I looked for mentions of LadyAlien, I saw that the account is linked to AlienGenetics. Saw LOTS of scammer warnings/comments for that account. Now, if this is all legit, then I'm a horrible person. BUT something just seemed really "off" about the whole interaction. Not sure what exactly, but it just raised red flags for me (even though they'd only asked for my mailing info).

Sorry for all the babble, my actual question is:

Has anyone had any dealings with any of these 3 accounts or this seedbank?
Legit?

Thanks!!

Hawk518

Hawk518

Looks like at the very least Twitter AlienGenetics is somewhat shady. I made the following comment to their latest contest and was blocked in less than 10 minutes...

"You've announced a treasure hunt contest for 500 seeds on the same day that another seed bank announced the same thing? Wow - what a coincidence!!"

Wrote back to Twitter Platinum Seed Bank and let them know I was going to pass on the prizes.

Last edited:
dreamnfox

dreamnfox

Hope this is the right place to post this...

Has anyone ever used the Platinum Seed Bank?
Couldn't find them in the list of sponsors, but I might have missed it.

Backstory:
Finally opened a Twitter account in an attempt to win some seeds. Entered a naming contest run by LadyAlien where I had to tag NewBankPlatinum which says it's the Platinum Seed Bank. I was told that I was one of their winners and that I'd won a Pound of one of their strains. Told them I'd rather have some seeds and they generously offered 10 packs of seeds instead. Then they immediately asked for my mailing info...again.

Being new to the whole Twitter thing, I took everything at face value. I never even thought of possible scams. But when I looked for mentions of LadyAlien, I saw that the account is linked to AlienGenetics. Saw LOTS of scammer warnings/comments for that account. Now, if this is all legit, then I'm a horrible person. BUT something just seemed really "off" about the whole interaction. Not sure what exactly, but it just raised red flags for me (even though they'd only asked for my mailing info).

Sorry for all the babble, my actual question is:

Has anyone had any dealings with any of these 3 accounts or this seedbank?
Legit?

Thanks!!
It's a scam, ran into something similar, shipping on my "free pound" was 600.00 dollars, then they wsnted to negotiate

Latest posts

Top Bottom