Seed business these daze....

• Thread starter Jalisco Kid
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

Jalisco Kid

I was looking for some info on a strain a few days ago. I have not been in the bay for a few years now, but I noticed things have changed a lot since. When i used to be in the bean biz we would show pics of our structure of the plant, flowering times,flavors,scents. you things to see if it would be a good fit for your show. Now its 100 bucks for 10 seeds and that's it. No pics, no scratch and sniff. I can not see how that has become the norm... I do not know if I am just too old school but just from a marketing standpoint it just seems wrong. JK

Classic Remix

Classic Remix

"it doesnt matter if youre slingin crack rock or got a wicked jump shot, nobody wants to work for it anymore" - B.I.G.

everyone is just trying to use the hype strains and pump em out while there is still hype. get in and out with that cash

look at GSC, and how many people have bred with it, then sold the seeds without pics testing and not even knowing the fucking background. they have to do it that way, because if they did it the right way people would just now be releasing OG beans and shit, way after the hype put the extra $$$ on there

2DNA64

2DNA64

Give me someone who grows what they've made...shows me what to expect prior to purchase and thats the person I'm gonna do my business with..damn all this fly by night...i wanna make bank tude' my time is very valuable I'm not gonna waste it on hype anymore ...its a new day guys ,better smarten up...

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
I`m a breeder but haven`t vended in awhile. I was thinking the same thing! I might send a few packs off to the Farm this Fall but I will be growing out the strains I send in and posting them as they grow in my thread " MC`s Forest Adventure" Med states ,Cali. Of course like I `ve always said it`s half genetics and half environment. Everyone uses different technics, so even with my grow show it isn`t guaranteed to be the same results. And most the strains will be f6 or more, well worked and stabilized. The C-red being an exception as it is not a cross but has been around awhile on it`s own.

sky high

sky high

Give me someone who grows what they've made...shows me what to expect prior to purchase and thats the person I'm gonna do my business with..damn all this fly by night...i wanna make bank tude' my time is very valuable I'm not gonna waste it on hype anymore ...its a new day guys ,better smarten up...

BINGO. My last foray was $600/4 packs.....and basically 6 months of wasted time on mediocrity and males. Complain and be told your room is fucked or you don't have a clue how to grow....even though you've been growing since the "breeder" was in grade school and momma was packin 'em a school lunch. :rolleyes:

Sometimes FIRE in every seed just means they need BURNED rather than sold. :D

Classic Remix

Classic Remix

hey man thats not fair, the breeder you're speaking of wont be on until the next drop to hype those up... then disappear for the rest of the time again..... he cant defend himself LOL

dont you know what todays customer service is all about? its about the customer getting bent over and serviced.

7thson

I wish I had the phenos I found in the past.I've found out the hard way,these phenos I really liked in some vendor seed runs! These plants do not come around as often as I would of hoped. If you only knew how many finished plants I've thrown out?

I also found out real fast,you can't make good hash out of sub par weed.

GI JO

GI JO

Gotta chime in on those hyped beans. Just finishing 2 females (popped 5, 3 males). I took a small nug off about a week ago off each one to try, just a few days before chop. I have to say that I have not been able to get high off either one, and.........I'm a lightweight in the smoking dept. Had to follow each one with green crack just to get a buzz.

I do have 2 Wifi Alien and a Wifi x Trainwreck. Haven't tried them yet, sure am hoping for better results. Too bad I have clones of the other 2, guess they won't see the light of day.

jlr42024

jlr42024

it will be interesting to see what effects if any the negative feedback about these "hyped" genetics will have on this auction of "last packs" that just dropped. im betting that because of all the drama and the uncertainty of A's future that these packs actually bring insane $$

Kushwick

Kushwick

Lol I was looking at the auction earlier and noticed someone jacked the price of 1 pack to be as the rest.I was going to place a bid when it was $100 but right when I enetered it was 1 bid for $250 while the others had 7 bids and 13 bids for $250.

I bet it will bring insane money but because some people are jacking the price way up

souf69

souf69

The government has taught us well...Its all about the money. To hell with credibility is the mentality anymore... I am really opposed to beans nowadays. Not to ruffle feathers but the auction gig is a joke. Ive grown up in the auction industry and its all about the money. You bid, I bid, hell the auctioneers biddin too, anything to bump it up. Then when it goes to far they high bidder backs out and magically you were the last high bidder in line. Dayum the trickery.......

organicozarks

organicozarks

There are a few people doing larger selections, and coming up with some good things. They are few, and far between though. Most breeders are like me. I pop a ten pack, pick a make, pick a female, cross those two, and then hit it to all of the females I have. That's about as good as most of the "breeders" are doing these days. Maybe I should step up my game, and collect a bunch of clone only strains, and then spray the shit out of them with CS, and make fem seeds. I think then I would be at the top of the game.:)

Classic Remix

Classic Remix

what happened to the good ol "selection" packs

the 50-100 seed packs... where the breeders where honest and knew that it would take searching to find a keeper.

shit those 100 packs were even cheaper then these ten packs....

souf69

souf69

Lets see, a good pollination yields probably five to six hun seeds a plant; please correct me if i am wrong as i have never breeded before, but even at three hun a plant the math equates something like this.
300 beans broke down in 10 packs is 30 sets. 30 sets at a hundo is 3 geez.. Dayum I need to start breeding......

Classic Remix

Classic Remix

if you do it correctly you will get WAYYYYY more than that...

my buddy DownwithDirts last cross was a white reversal... hit one tang haze plant and got like a WHOLE FUCKING ZIPLOCK BAG of seeds... im not counting but i would say in the THOUSANDS.

its funny to think about that too, if youre doing it right you are making like 20K a fucking plant with hyped seed sales.

shit and that includes the 50% to the vendor. LOL

souf69

souf69

if you do it correctly you will get WAYYYYY more than that...

my buddy DownwithDirts last cross was a white reversal... hit one tang haze plant and got like a WHOLE FUCKING ZIPLOCK BAG of seeds... im not counting but i would say in the THOUSANDS.

its funny to think about that too, if youre doing it right you are making like 20K a fucking plant with hyped seed sales.

shit and that includes the 50% to the vendor. LOL
Nice... Ive never intentionally breeded but we had a huge warehouse and half of it beaned up and we had a shit ton.

sky high

sky high

what happened to the good ol "selection" packs

the 50-100 seed packs... where the breeders where honest and knew that it would take searching to find a keeper.

shit those 100 packs were even cheaper then these ten packs....

That was prolly back when the old folks (points to self) were smoking all that 10% THC weed and you HAD to search through 150 seeds to find the grail.

Now...not so. As you know, there's "Fire" in every seed and no duds whatsoever in the game today. >That's< why these prices are so high :rolleyes:

Top Bottom