Premium Gardener
Supporter
That fucking blows. Glad I stocked up!

outwest

coloradochem

coloradochem

That fucking blows. Glad I stocked up!

outwest

a friend is supposed to pick up some RD gear this weekend when hes up there for the cup. I hope hes successful. Glad you got yours!!! Im shure they will be available thru attitude still.

Goba

Goba

Seed sales or seed companies are okay. If you read the memo, that William Breathes and Ben Holmes are talking about it only makes mention that the seeds need to be produced in a licensed opc facility. So if you are a seed company and aren't partnered with a MMC or MIP you need to before you continue to sale seeds. However, if you own a seed company I don't know how you think you are going to run a successful breeding program with enough plants while still being legal under state guidelines without owning a center, so this seems to only surprise Mr Holmes and Centennial Seeds. I know there a were talks about other licenses a while ago, but haven't heard anything recent.

half baked

half baked

im not from america and from an outsiders view it makes sense what they are saying, although i agree it would be impossible for the dispensaries to do but i actually see there point o_O

cannabeans

cannabeans

This decision makes sense to me....I have seen seeds produced in colorado, by "seed" companies being sold on the internet. That to me is wrong....Shielding yourself with a medical cannabis law, to grow seed, and sell the seeds to the rest of the world was not the intent of your "SB1284".

sky high

sky high

Dispensaries/retail sales whatsoever were also NOT a part of our law until the Holder memo.

Again...the PATIENTS need to take care of themselves. Fuck the dispensaries. Fuck the State.
As long as the Centers/1284 stands we will continure to be squeezed out and told how/what we can/can't do. Fuck that.

Shit...now I >gotta< make those Blueberry S-1's and get em out to peeps for FREE. (and twice as many)

Fuckers....fuck them and their "Centers". Homey don't play that game. If no one else would, we could put their sorry asses out of business and shut down the State-run tax scheme known as HB1284...

"we just smiled and waived, sitting there on that sack of seeds..."

s h

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

Until weed is decriminalized and legal you are crazy trying to start a LEGAL business that deals in an illegal commodity unless you are rich and can afford to lose all your money and laugh about it.If people put the effort into legalization that they put into trying to sell eigths for 50 bucks or seeds for 10-15 dollars apiece it would already be legal.It just makes more sense to me to get it legalized and then figure out your business model than to figure out a business model based on an illegal commodity.Do what you want just like you have done for years and years and try to fly under the radar.

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

Legalize weed and Phillip Morris will monopolize the market and youll be smoking nicotine laced mj.Boooooooo
Cannardo i would have to agree with you they will fuck it all up im sure,never the less we basically have two choices,1-keep it illegal and continue to fuel the black market and send americans to prison for growing/possessing a harmless plant or 2-legalize cannabis.
No matter what your choice the big boys are going to get in and try to monopolize it somehow,it really doesnt matter to me if they do because i wont be buying shit from them.

GanjaAL

GanjaAL

No... legalization is not the answer. It is the decriminalization and the rescheduling of MMJ. This is what happens when you allow the enemy to tax and regulate... you back yourself into a corner and make decisions that ruin it for everyone.

sky high

sky high

Legalization should NOT open the door for SALES.

We need to push for the Legalization of personal gardens and personal possession/use...

and then the hammer simply needs to come down >>>hard<<< on anyone who thinks this is any sort of "industry" or their personal call to riches.

Let's not fuck up legalization by focusing on the PROFIT rather than on the FREEDOM itself....as has happened with MMJ.

s h

eyecandi

eyecandi

Thank all the hb1284ers for this one too. I wonder what will happen with RD and 303?

http://blogs.westword.com/latestword/2012/04/medical_marijuana_seed_sales.php

the letter was for an attorney representing one of those 2 companies, so they are quite thrilled. RD and 303 are both connected with dispensaries and therefor have an OPC to work out of. however, Centennial Seeds may be more in the 'hosed' position, as I understand it they were never connected to a center or OPC (I may be wrong).

Skummy

Skummy

Glad I stay underground....
That blows for the seed co's that put alot of bread into getting so called ”legal” to only have the rules changed again....
I hope everyone realizes that the state is robbing centers blind already with no fed protection at all...
Mmed doesnt know what they are doing dont know about the plant they are supposed to enforce and are just money hungry... I know the serious seed companys will continue to do what it takes to make good genetics whether it be legal,or illegal!
Stay safe everyone and happy 420!

Tripsick

Tripsick

Will the regulate it like Alcohol protect them if it gets passed this November?

A

A20Grower

Do you guys realize that MMC's that choose to produce seed can't sell them to other MMC's? That's edibles companies included. So if RD or 303 partner with an MMC, then they can't sell seeds to other MMC's, and they have to abide by the MMC's plant counts too. This is exactly why Mr. Holmes dissolved his business. It's not worth the risk for seed companies to continue business, and if they do, good luck.

Just like the OP said, seed companies in Colorado are fucked, there is no way around this.

ttystikk

ttystikk

Hmmm... So much for the original meaning and intent of the MMJ Amendment to the Colorado State Constitution. If this is how my rights under the Constitution of my state are 'protected', then why the fuck should I have any respect for the law? And, if this is an example of 'lawfulness', then why should I respect any of their laws at all?

I'm not advocating criminal behavior but at its foundation, the law is a compact between the People and their government as to standards of behavior that will or will not be deemed acceptable. I feel like the government has not held up their end of the bargain, and the ultimate result will be chaos.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom