Seed growing more than one cotyledon?

• Thread starter PurpleKing1017
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
PurpleKing1017

PurpleKing1017

Hey guys. Tuesday night I put 2 Purple Glue seeds, and 3 Nuken seeds in water for germination for 24 hours on my germination mat, with a cup over these submerged seeds to keep them in darkness. After the 24 hours (7 PM today), I put the seeds in pieces of paper towel on a concaved plate, with water in the middle of the plate, and the seeds on the edge so they don't sit in the excess water, but still stay moist. I put a plate over for darkness (still on germ mat). I just checked on them and one of them appears to be growing more than one cotyledon? I don't know what other phenomenon this could be, shouldn't the cotyledon only be one? My second time germinating seeds.

In the pic you can somewhat see, one coming out one side and one coming out the other. Is this normal or am I nuts lol

Seed growing more than one cotyledon
Seed growing more than one cotyledon 2
One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
Hi there was another thread about the same thing ..... where a moderator when you need one . šŸ¤“šŸ˜¬ Iā€™m sure some one will find it . Od .

weedtech

weedtech

Supporter
This is something that I see in the technical world. There is a basic law in lifeforms on the planet. "Whatever works" is what is attempted. This is the nature of things - and more commonly seen in humans, this recognition of the "go for it" gene to just see what happens.

As novel as humans are, plants are less conscientious about their attempts at novelty. You can see expressions in plant development that are bold attempts to adapt and survive.

PurpleKing1017

PurpleKing1017

This is something that I see in the technical world. There is a basic law in lifeforms on the planet. "Whatever works" is what is attempted. This is the nature of things - and more commonly seen in humans, this recognition of the "go for it" gene to just see what happens.

As novel as humans are, plants are less conscientious about their attempts at novelty. You can see expressions in plant development that are bold attempts to adapt and survive.

so... you're saying they're twins then?

weedtech

weedtech

Supporter
so... you're saying they're twins then?
Nope. Just saying that nature is freaky. It will make you rethink what is possible. It will try to succeed, in spite of all insults and the most onerous of conditions.

I'm a student of extinctions. This came to my attention today - a compelling study on an unexplained extinction event. Crisis is the truth filter, in my experience and I think evolution agrees. One of the outcomes of this analysis is why we have ONLY five fingers. There aren't many reasons for why it couldn't be more, or less.

Last edited:
PurpleKing1017

PurpleKing1017

*UPDATE* I thought they may be twins initially, after checking today it appears to be one root growing & now the cotyledon is actually showing. Really odd how the seed is at the bottom like that. Isn't it supposed to be the other way around?

Not twin

Latest posts

Top Bottom