Seed just germed......

• Thread starter somefinn
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
somefinn

somefinn

hi again everyone, the larger leaves today seem to be yellowing as well, im a little concerned. also there is a white residue on the pellets and root riot?
like i said im a little worried...

any help greatly appreciated.......

Photo8
E

EssBeeZee

I see three sets of leaves, try a 1/4 strength feeding regimen (earlier I said feed by the first set of leaves with ridges, which is possible to do, I wanted to play it safe.)

I've seen a lot of things growing on grow plugs, green stuff, white stuff, never really bothered anything, as far as I could tell. It can be a little expensive, but something I liked to use in a hydro mix is hygrozyme, I don't remember exactly how, but i believe it takes care of stuff like bacteria.

Here's some stuff about hygrozyme, "Premiere horticultural enzymatic formula. Enzymes are natural and environmentally friendly. They are catalysts and speed up chemical reactions. Enzymes in a growing medium eat dead protein removing areas where illness develops. Through this breakdown process plants are better able to obtain nutrients. More nutrients, less attacks, allowing plants to grow bigger, stronger, and faster."

How far is your light from your plants and what's your air flow like?

Chobble

Chobble

I've been told by many a great grower to allows feed my seedlings well, a little burn on them wont hurt in the long run. Since your in Coco though make sure to start lightly and feed it what it needs. A little yellowing is never a problem on seedlings just keep feeding the babies so they can get big and strong. I personally recommend a compost tea to help get the bacterial life going on the roots and protect it from any burn.

Chobble

somefinn

somefinn

my light is about 20 inches from the top of the plant. its 200watt cfl. how close should it be? i added some nutes to the water earlier after i read your post. i did add some when the first leaves with ridges appeared too, but not too much.

the air seems ok, i have a fan circulating, but there isnt much fresh air getting to the closet as i cant have a noticable hole in the wall pulling fresh air in, i could leave doors open though to allow more air into the room. would that help?

thank you for your help.

E

EssBeeZee

CFL's can be extraordinarily close to your plants. I'd just hold my hand as near to the light as to only feel slight warmth, then put my plants that close to the light. This will keep your plant from growing lankier than it needs to be.

If the closet isn't totally sealed, the circulation fan is drawing in a little fresh air through any unsealed areas, and I imagine opening the closet to exchange air a couple times, which you do when you check on them, should be a sufficient air exchange each day. You'll just need to see how things go, if it starts to get damp in there, you'll know you need to get more air in and outta there.

Lookin' good dude

somefinn

somefinn

i moved my light closer to the plant last night.
i just checkedin on it there.

the larger leaves look like they have died or are dying,while the smaller fresher leaves look ok...

is this still ok? is it natural?

im sorry for so many questions.

Photo
Chobble

Chobble

Fairly natural :D The new growth is a good sign, you should be worried if it stops growing!

You look good to go, just let her get start, How many other seeds did you start?

somefinn

somefinn

i only started one. wanted to see how i got on with one first........ next run will be a little experiment.....

somefinn

somefinn

arrgh!!! i completely fucked up lads!!!!! the timer wasnt turned on!!! it was staying bright for 24 hours aday for the past 5 days. jesus, i cant believe it, i remeber turning on the light during its down time and never switched back to the timer....... christ! i'll see how it goes over the next few days. should i expect the worst at this stage?

somefinn

somefinn

what a nightmare..... anyway. started germing a nother seed. no fuck ups this time... what should my ph's be at?

Latest posts

Top Bottom