seed ordering question

• Thread starter moyerjoey
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

moyerjoey

when ordering seeds it will say flowering time 55 to 60 days but yet also say finishing time mid october or something like that now if im growing outside which should I focus on should I count 55 to 60 days from when my day and night begins 12 12 or just expect them to be done by the month it says also some will say 400 gr a square meter and some will say 400 to 500 gr a plant how true is that and what is a square meter and a meter in feet or inches also on the easy coast of us near pa how late can I have my plants out to and when should I start them thanks and sorry for all the noob questions please help

J

jdubz206

you should expect em done by the month it says but it also depends on your geographic location. you can do things like cover the plant with black visqueen to force 12/12 and you'd get the flower time of indoor growing. i don't think those grams per square meter numbers are exactly on point...but if you're in the right location, with the right strain, you can get some killer yields, the number they post, i don't know...maybe if you found the super producing pheno and had it super dialed in...a meter is 3' or 36". do some searching around this site, i'm sure you can find info on other outdoor growers on the eastcoast...you should get em started now...put them outside soon...don't get a sativa dominant strain if you want them to finish in time...i live on the west coast though so i can't be of much help with that info...good luck with your grow. j

I

ireyites

regardless of what flowering times say on a package - dont ever go by lettering on a package or by a book every b/c every environment is completely different everywhere you go - its all about being in tune with nature - watch ur plants and they will tell u everything u need to know - radio shack sells a cheap $13 scope that is 30x-100x i suggest you get 1 or 1 similar and instead of waiting for hairs to turn color and referring to certain schedules - look at ur trichomes under the scope - when they are 3/4 amber its ready and youll be ohh sooo :cool0010:

The Joker

The Joker

I think ,many of those descriptions start counting when flowers begin. Most of the strains I grow always seem to take a week or two longer than the descriptions. I start counting flower as the day of 12/12, but some start after that when buds form. Hence some claims for 44 days etc. That's been my experience.

One thing I have learned is never be in a hurry when you are growing.

S

SkyHi

I stopped growing in high school, so is it ok to be in a rush LMAO jk

M

moyerjoey

ok I figured it was from the 12 12 and I heard that its the best when they begin to look like a cloudy milky color now im on the east coast near jersey what's the latest I can have the plant out for and what's the latest I can start them

R

ReelBusy1

ok I figured it was from the 12 12 and I heard that its the best when they begin to look like a cloudy milky color now im on the east coast near jersey what's the latest I can have the plant out for and what's the latest I can start them

Is this a total outdoor grow ie in ground?
Or is it containers on the back porch?

If you are in ground you want to get your seeds started anytime and harvest before the first frost or when trich are cloudy etc.

If you using movable containers on the porch or in the backyard and can move them indoors then you really control the 12/12 cycle even with a closet every day.
If not then in ground rules apply....:rock

T

TurboGSR96

when ordering seeds it will say flowering time 55 to 60 days but yet also say finishing time mid october or something like that now if im growing outside which should I focus on should I count 55 to 60 days from when my day and night begins 12 12 or just expect them to be done by the month it says also some will say 400 gr a square meter and some will say 400 to 500 gr a plant how true is that and what is a square meter and a meter in feet or inches also on the easy coast of us near pa how late can I have my plants out to and when should I start them thanks and sorry for all the noob questions please help

I am on the east coast as well just south of PA and by the first 2 weeks of October I had frost on the ground. Some Octobers are warm and some are not, so take that into consideration.

C

crazycanuckster

so many variables

what kind of nutrients, whats the weather been like, temp, humidity, sunny or cloudy etc......

G

growlife

also some genetics are more light sensative and will start to flower under more than 12/12 light

Top Bottom