Seed Popping Till I Find The One.

• Thread starter Calixylon
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Calixylon

Calixylon

Not much experience here pheno hunting, or finding a special cut. I helped friends out west, and had a couple small grows, but always provided with genetics, either as a cutting, or as seed plants I chose out of a large number of seedlings.

Now im trying to pop my own seeds, find good plants, take cuttings, and pimp out my meager little 4x4. Right now space, time, and money are tight. Unfortunatley I cant do big seed runs, but I work over 40hrs a week at my "real" job:(. So this is a hobby, but its much more than that, but it is a hobby for now, mostly becasue of the lack of good quality medicine, the ridonkulous price of good quality medicine, and the fact that I love growing this sticky delicious plant. I dont think I will ever stop popping beans.

The first seed I germed was some bag seeds from some swhag/brick weed. The first High Times I bought i knew i wanted to grow, and had so much more intrest in cannabis than all my other stoner friends. Became a master germinater, hah becasue my Mother would always find the plants right as they began flowering, I bet she killed hundreds by the time i moved out after High School.

This thread may start slow, but heres a few pics, some may already be in the Purple Frostbyte thread in HammerHead's Seed Thread, but just wanted to show a little summary of where they started, and what they look like now. They were flipped last night, they should be finished by the beggining of May, dried and cured on my Birthday at the end of May:D

Here they are 3 Girls:
- One Querkle leaner who is tall, lanky, and has almost a viney structure, so far shes got very weak vegatative structure, and is gonna have to be tied up long with my tellis netting.
-Two, Shorter squat bush, dense branching, with short internodal spacing, starting to catch up heigth wise to the taller pheno, but still has a very dense growth pattern.
-Three, She's the smallest of the bunch, has the densest growth, almost seems like its chocking itself out, yet it cant get those shoots to grow anywhere but into itself, like a little shrub, nothing vetical yet.. keyword yet, hoepfully.

Smells:
-One: Fruity purple, Has that earthy, deep purple smell, slightly pooey like a rotted trashcan of purple buds. Thats all underneath a very fruity smell, almost like a jilly bean smell. Its a nice smell, its changing and this is all from veg, and stem rubs, so i cant wait till shes throwing out actual flowers.
-Two/Three: So far both smell exctly the same, maybe they will change after flowering a few weeks. They have the same musky,earthy,deep purple smell, with the same hints of baby poop and fermented purple stench, also just in veg and flower. These smaller plants im hopping will be my go to, i enjoy heavier deeper flavors and a stronger indic high.

Seed popping  till i find the one
Seed popping  till i find the one 2
Seed popping  till i find the one 3
Seed popping  till i find the one 4
Seed popping  till i find the one 5
Seed popping  till i find the one 6
Seed popping  till i find the one 7
Seed popping  till i find the one 8
Seed popping  till i find the one 9
Seed popping  till i find the one 10
Seed popping  till i find the one 11
Seed popping  till i find the one 12
Seed popping  till i find the one 13
Seed popping  till i find the one 14
Seed popping  till i find the one 15
Calixylon

Calixylon

Planning on popping some seeds right now, I think im gonna try and pop quite a few, gonna do 6 Solo's Stash (Hollywood Pure Kush x Snowlotus) there was 12 in the pack, one dudish, so im running it along with the 6, 10 Med-Man Sour Master ( Headband x Master Kush), 5 Platinum Jones (Platinum Kush x Chemmy Jones) x Sweet Tooth #4 IBL.
And thats all she wrote folks, ive got half a pack left of the Solo's other than that I need to buy some more seeds. Any one have any recomendations, want something heavy on the kush, very strong behind the eyes, and good for pain, especially neuropathic, due to me being Type 1 Diabetic. Im fascinated with the cookie looking strains and hear they are strong knockout highs, also really wanna smell this "cookie" smell. Gonna be bummed if im just like "shit i smoked that stuff back in 08, whhhabam" but everyone says its super unique so im hoping once i get a proper representation of great cookies ill be impressed. Hoping these sweettooth cross throws something nice, i like kush, havent heard shit about platinum kush, but if it smells like earthy, funky, rich,burnt coffeeish kushness im down. I truly have no clue what sweet tooth looks like, grows like, or smells, like, but its "old school" and people love it. Already got the name picked out hahah Platinum Teeth:D hah naw itll probly herm out and fill my house with clouds of allergy inducing pollen.

Calixylon

Calixylon

Moved all the grow stuff I got in a craigslist deal and this was the unopened stuff. Everything except the Cal Mag and the Squid, both have had a few doses.

Has anyone used this lineup, is it any good? Any other rwcommendations besides this line up, geuss Itl still be organic but not really

Also took some cuts, not sure if they'll take not holding my breath. I'm gonna get a cloning machine, then I'll be a bit more confident with the clones.

Calixylon

Calixylon

Well the Med Man Sour Master (Headband x Master Kush) is off to the races first. I know this isnt one of medmans super popular strains, in fact i have heard nothing about it from anyone else, even med man seemed to not have a great idea about it, but his Headband and his Master kush are supposed to be good so i assume itl have something to offer. Purchased these because its a combination of my two favorite strain, probably just a pipe dream but if it has that heavy pressure release behind the eyes like a good headband, with a heavier more narcotic high, and a slighty kushier sourness id be in heaven. We will see though, 5 cracked and have gone into the soil. I put the in soil right after the crack

Calixylon

Calixylon

My little clone, and seedling closet, gonna supplement with more CFL's as they grow, then before i top them, theyre moved into my veg tent under t5's. Currently only have a 4ft 2 bulb, but im going to buy another 4ft 4 bulb, so ill have a 4ft x 6 t5 in my 2x4 veg tent. Currently flowering in my 2x4 tent, after theyre finished ill be vegging in that, and running my 4x4 tent with the Sour Master, Solo's Stash, Platinum Teeth and possibly the Purple Frostbyte if the smoke is good and the clones take root.

Calixylon

Calixylon

Oh yea the moment youve all been waiting for, sorry its been a few days without any action. I know how busy ive been with all this snow, so obviously thats whats been keeping you guys scarce:D Any way on with the show, so my three gals have been in flower for about 5 days, im seeing some frost on the hairs of the first few calyx's. The new growth has increased about 5 inches, and is green and sticky. Not a huge smell as of yet, but once it focuses on buds and resin im sure that stank will shine.

Querkle Leaner: She has put on the most height since the flip, has also produced the most calyx's and has the most frost, you can actually begin to see buds starting, looks quite a bit farther than the other smaller two plants. Smell profile has decreased since stretch.

Two: Has shown the most inmprovement since the flip, she hs put on quite a bit of height from where she was before, is also beginning to resemble plant number one in stature, but still has the same earthy stanky baby pooh smell, along with the third plant.

Three: She has stalled since flower, has not put on much new growth, she drinks more than the other two so i have to water her more often. Im planning on feeding tongiht, and strting the General Organics Lineup for this round to see how it performs.

CBDEMON

CBDEMON

Really like the strains that you're running. Good luck and I'm subbed to see how they finish out:)

Calixylon

Calixylon

Yea thanks for stopping in, CBDemon, probly wont show any shots of the other seeds until there up and growing a bit, seedling shots can be boring. But the Purple Frostbyte is starting to stack up so that will keep getting some photos.

So ive seen pictures of plants that go Flat Top and have the thin stem that looks like a piece of tape. Not sure what this is called scientifically, but the Querkle leaner has some small branches at the bottom and one is a flat stem, i know its most commonly found in indica plants but ive only seen whole plants do this, not small side branch. I like to prune my plants after the stretch, probly will cut it off, but curious to see if it produces a little nugglet.

Have you ever grown any CBD rich strains? Id love to get a rich CBD strain thats also high in THC, id love to get huge amounts of both, not trying to just get CBD's that dont help anything short term, ie getting high. Not sure if Peyote Purple is high in CBD but ive heard even though its lower THC labs, it produces a nice high, some bash it but i dunno, part of me thinks they hate it already becasue it comes back under 15%.

That dosent mean shit to me, and my all time white elephant smoke is that nice lime green, balsalm fir, pine needle, evergreen sap nuggets. And i know for a fact that when i got those they were definetly no higher than 15% they just have the most unique terpenoid profile, and flavnoid pfofile, also produces a very enjoyable buzz, but it definetly wouldnt go pound for pound with the OG's. Just a super great smoke, unique flavor, awesome buzz, and just reeked of sweet evergreen tree sap, like a mix of Fir,DouglasFir,Pine,Spruce,Cedar all those sweet delicious saps mixed into one lime green bud, also lacked in many red hairs, almost entirely green, slightly yellowish trichomes. That could have been an epic cure, along with it always being outdoor. But i think i may try and find some piney plants in the romulan family, heard it expresses that on occasion, ive never seen it, but who knows if ive ever got a decent cut of romulan, at least a piney one, may have to break some shells to find that gem.

Last edited:
Calixylon

Calixylon

• So far 5 sour master are above ground, none of the platinum teeth have rose, and one of the Solos Stash. Hopefully ill have some nice phenos to add to the garden. The Purple Frostbyte are also starting to stack up and produce pistils and resin:D

Calixylon

Calixylon

All five of the Platinum Jones x Sweet Tooth #4 are up and out, 8 of the Sour Master's are up, and only four of the Solo's Stash made it up.

I didnt wanna say anything until i had germed and saw success rate, but the seeds i got were probably the crappiest looking seeds ive ever bought. The Sour Master, sorry Med Man, were all extremely small and all the seeds were tan, none were brown.

The Solo's Stash, sorry Bodhi, were even worse. They looked like they were starting to flake apart, there were 12 in the pack opposed to 11 because one was so small and even to the seed packager was a dud. All the bodhis seeds were also small and tan. When i recieved the order i was pissed, but i decided to wait till i germed. I definetly got most of them up but 2 medmans never broke the surface, and 3 Bodhis never made it up.

I ordered them from SeedBay, not gonna deal with them again. The freebies of Platinum Jones x Sweet Tooth 4 were great, big ole beaners with tiger stripes, and a rich brown color. They all popped, geuss i just got stuck with the packs towrds the end or something. Next time im going through the other Bay

Calixylon

Calixylon

Think i may just pop the other half of the Solo's Stash, that ws the plant i really was hoping for a winner. The Hollywood PK is supposed to be OGish in growth nd structure, whihc will be a nice test, next seeds id like to get something from Loompa

Calixylon

Calixylon

One of my plants is doing some weird things. The larger fan leaves, older growth is getting brown spots and getting crispy. New growth looks ok, they are at 19 days. Starting to smell delicious sweet purple candy, with some soapy back notes on one plant.

matamus

matamus

Looking good man, good luck pheno hunting, tis a blast. If that start to progress I'd be worried about it but as of now everything looks like its going A okay. Lower leaves will deaded off throughout the grow, just clip them once they get to dead.

Calixylon

Calixylon

Yoooooo whatt upp fellow farmers, so ive been swamped t work, but im finally in a spot where i can patiently let there little guys to do their thing.

Ive got almost a full pack of Sour Master from the infamous Med Man. Not much finished grows from this guy, so im looking foward to seeing how this performs. Its not one of his flagship strains, may have been a mistake to not go with something hes been working for a while, but the cross seriously has potential to be some good smoke.

Then ive got 5 of the Platinum Jones ( Platinum Kush x Chemmy Jones) x Sweet Tooth #4 IBL, these were freebies so i figured what the hell. Probably should have waited becasue i have way to much going on, but their all regulur seeds so half will be in the trash, and some may get culled if their not special.

Then ive got 5 Solo's Stash ( Hollywood Pure Kush x Snowlotus) Suppposedly it grows like a goji, but has got a much less OG taste. All i know is what ive seen grown from these Bodhi Star wars remix seeds is hit or miss. Some look great others not so much, tends to be leafy from plants ive seen, but we wont know till the fat lady sings.

Puffing on some fantastic Wonder Woman, have a nice day, finally beginning to feel like spring may actually come, instead of a neverending winter.

Also I have 8 clones of the purple frostbyte, unfortunately I dropped the tray and mixed up the cuts. I'll be able to figure out which is which once they begin to flower, but not sure I wanna run them again. Probably will just to have something In flower, possibly run the entire plant I to hash or oil if the flowers don't have a kick. They look a bit sad but it was my first time cloning cannabis, and I got a 75% survival rate.

Last edited:
F

FooDoo

I ask @Seamaiden for help always on deficiencies :x

My first guess was calcium but since the dead spots are more blotchy then they are circular spots, maybe its low P.

She'll be able to give you a better answer

Calixylon

Calixylon

Ill give her a shout, im not sure but i saw someone else one here with similar problem. I think they said it was fan related, something about a fn on full blast directly on the plant. Moved the fan, and am gonna feed tommrow, so well see this week. Hasnt affected new growth yet, so hoping its something dumb like the fan, or small cl mag issue.

Does anyone know how much cal and mag are in coconut water, and if substituting coconut water can help you eliminate having to use cal-mag. Looking for ways to get away from bottles.

F

FooDoo

IMHO def not a fan. I have 4 fans on full blast plus ac blowing full speed on my girls and they don't look like that. I have turned them all to low 3 days ago because my leaf edges had ridged up like a serrated knife which I thought might be from the fans

Top Bottom