Seed Popping

• Thread starter GreenShiva
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
GreenShiva

GreenShiva

Hi Alien,
I'm new here, but have been farming for about 4 yrs now. I'm totally stoked to have found you and your genetics. Awesome work! I ordered some from the recent drop. I searched for your seed popping guide and couldn't find it. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I've worked mostly from clone til now. Do I need to sex them once they've popped?

GodZsoN

GodZsoN

1. I scuff them if they're old or look like they might not pop
2. Paper towel method for sprouting
3. Straight into 1 gallons into mild organic soil under a 8-lamp blue spectrum veg T5 - keep close
3. Drop into soil 1/2" deep, cover gently and moisten with plain water...then wait for them to break the surface.
4. I begin with 24 hours of light until they get established and cut back to 18 once they are a few inches tall.
5. In soil, only use straight water until you see a need for a feeding. At least the first 2.3 weeks. Less is more with seedlings.
6. DO NOT OVERWATER. I can not state this enough. More seeds are killed by overwatering than anything else. TOO much love at the very beginning while waiting for them to come up can really ruin things. Just keep the pot a bit moist until the seedling gets going, then you have one of the easiest things to grow in the world. Hearty seedlings will explode....
Hope this helps

GreenShiva

GreenShiva

Thanks, both posts helped! Do you either of you know if I have to sex the Alien seeds once they sprout?

GreenShiva

GreenShiva

Any good tips out there for determining the sex of the plants once they break through the soil?

O

Organicyumyum

after about 2 months of veg time they will start to show either small pollen sacs (male) or two small hairs/pistils (female) at each internode. either that or take clones from them and then flower them to see what is male and what is female

A

Alien

Supporter
You will see preflowers usually by the time the plant has seven or eight nodes of growth...sometimes a bit longer with tempermental strains. I would guess on average I see preflowers within around 4 weeks of popping beans. Check each from node five upward until you find preflowers. Use a handheld microscope to make your life a while lot easier.

Hope that helps...any other questions, fire away.

Cheers,
Alien

GreenShiva

GreenShiva

Thanks for all the great info! Popping some of the beans right now. Will keep ya posted on the results.

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
You will see preflowers usually by the time the plant has seven or eight nodes of growth...sometimes a bit longer with tempermental strains. I would guess on average I see preflowers within around 4 weeks of popping beans. Check each from node five upward until you find preflowers. Use a handheld microscope to make your life a while lot easier.

Hope that helps...any other questions, fire away.

Thanks, Alien. Ask you and you shall receive. My moms (I hope!) should be raising their skirt in the next week or so. Perfect timing.

outwest

GreenShiva

GreenShiva

I have been out f the loop for awhile. Just popped a bunch of my Alien gear that I had saved up. Out of 23 seeds, 22 popped and are going strong. I have ARC, Ewok, and Tahoe Alien OG.

Since I was last on I see that many of the Alien forums have disappeared. I wanted to touch base with Alien and see where he was with the high CBD genetics he was working on. I'd like to get some if they are available. I can't message him here anymore. Does anyone know how to get a message to him?

JohnWayne

JohnWayne

Hi GreenShiva,
This is just a "try" :)
Seems your post is old and just would like to know what happened to your Alien OG grow.
Are you still growing them another batch perhaps?

Top Bottom