seed production

• Thread starter Thick Smoke
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

Thick Smoke

i have grown my fair share of meds.
however i have never done a seeded run. have had a hermie or 2 but never intenional seeds.

my question is, after pollination how long till i would have viable seeds?

wanna put some lowryder out this season but dont wish to purchase 50 packs.

i would be doing the seeded run indoors under a 1k

(asking as i dont know if they can over mature?)

samino

samino

Provided that the female has been pollinated, at a maximum of two to three weeks into flowering, you will have viable seed at harvest!

C

closetcase

only pollinated once, lowryder 2, gave 3 girls 11 weeks to harvest as opposed to the stated 9 and got 140 good seeds, well worth it if you ask me

H

hererisssh

Premium Member
Supporter
I think about 20-30 days for a nice mature seed. I did a seed run of a LR hybrid under 20 hours of fluoro light with great results (and 500 hundred + seeds) from two females and a male in 1/2 gallon pots. If you use a small pot they stay runty and it costs pennies a day.

P

phoenix

yeah,i made my own f-2's after buying them at £40 for 10.
Like closetcase says an extra week or two if your not sure is well worth it to ripen em up proper,but i'd agree with hereissh and say 4weeks on average,but 5 wont hurt.

Its all about timing,too soon and there are not enough pistills,too late and you have to carry the cycle on longer tha planned.

hope it works out for ya.

T

Thick Smoke

thanx for the input all, it is much appreciated.
anyone have expierence with lowryder and lowryder2? have a preference to which is better?

H

hytymez

i used to chop down my seed crop the same time i harvested my seedless crops.now i wait two weeks extra to get a lot more viable seeds.the longer they rippen the better.

BombBP

BombBP

Lr2

Never grown LR but this is a LR2 at day 31. She's over a ft tall.

New 600
B

BITYmagicBeanz

it takes round about 5 weeks for most of the seeds too develope and have good germ rate. wait into you see them pushing out the shells.from the plant.

Top Bottom