Seed question

• Thread starter imageneer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
I

imageneer

good morning yall, well, i got some babys in their rockwool beds, and i keep them moist all day, have them by the window, they get sun and such through out the day. gettin them ready to put them in hydro, today would be their 2nd day on rockwool, any tips and input is greatly appreciated.

S

spider125

I would like to know the same thing. From what I've been reading it would be a good idea to put them into a small netpot like 3 or 4 inches. I was gonna go with the 3inch one when i get my first indoor grow going. But the thing I'm not really sure of is if your suppose to put the rockwool right in the netpot or what. Any other info on this would be nice! Good question!

B

bastard_x

rockwool doesnt breathe very well when its completely soaked and can drown your sprouts. Its best to let them dry out atleast half way before watering again. ive seen the use of polyester batting (pad matierial sold in sewing department at wal mart) you can put the matierial between the rockwool and net pots . If you put hydroton or a pea gravel around the top of the matierial it will hold it in place better. Anytime roots are disturbed you can use a little vitamin b-1 in your res to reduce transplant shock.

Melvan

Melvan

You have just the seeds sitting in the rockwool in the sun? Seeds need to be in the dark to sprout.

Is this your first grow?

Top Bottom