Seed Question:

• Thread starter fluster
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
F

fluster

Hello there,

I have a question im hoping people can clear up for me please.

Q: If i use all seeds obtained from an all female plant harvest, will these seeds also be all female? Ready to run another flowering cycle. Or does it not work like this?

Thanks in advance guys!

OrganicGanja

OrganicGanja

An all female plant harvest wouldn't have seeds. That's a hermaphrodite harvest. Sinsemilla is seedless harvest. The seeds are garbage just like all fem/reversed seeds.

CocoCola

CocoCola

Was there more than one strain? The strain that released the pollen I would not collect seeds from, but if there was a strain around that DID NOT herm and received the pollen (that was a fantastic strain) I would collect from.

For example, if you had a blueberry strain that released the pollen and a bad ass God Bud that received it, I would play with the seeds that formed in the God Bud, but not the blueberry.

As an aside, Thai strains tend to herm. So Chocolate Thai or Blueberry may kick out pollen under stress (which means you aren't growing under ideal conditions) but the strains that didn't herm would yield feminized seeds that could be fantastic strains for you environment and bring some of the great attributes of those Thai varieties.

Still, I wouldn't work w/ a whole crop of ANY new strains...I would just test a couple new strains, whether from you own personal breeding experiment (or folly) along w/ clones of varieties you know are dank and yield heavy.

CocoCola

CocoCola

Yeah, the idea that thai herm is from DJ short. My personal experience is that blueberry from Dutch passion (which was claimed to be from DJ) would herm under very ideal conditions. Between my experience and his commentary I concluded it was thai-based.

Actually, i love chocolope which is choc thai influenced and have not had any herm problems, even when I've stressed her. So YOu may be right, Snow.

CocoCola

CocoCola

Also, Snow, yes if the herm was from the end of flower (per my readings from Soma's book) those are a great method for breeding naturally feminized seeds. No personal exerience w/ that one.

If the herm was from earlier in flower, I WOULD collect seeds from those strains that did NOT herm, but avoid those seeds w/in the strain that DID herm. ANd, per ALL personal experience, I'd dedicate only small portions of my crop to that b/c ALL new strains are unreliable in my experience.

I don't dedicate a crop to a strain until she's proven herself under my conditions. It sucks getting a low resin and/or low yield crop when you could have just tested one plant and kept going w/ what you know performs.

str8smokn

str8smokn

this thread is not about DJ..one person mentioned DJ and you go ranting for 3 hours about this shit,start a thread bashing DJ if that's what u want..dude asked if a plant is pollinated by a hermaphrodite will those seeds be female that's it.. Nothing about DJ Short.

CocoCola

CocoCola

Yike, just checked back on this thread...I didn't intend to offend anyone.

I definitely wasn't trying to bash DJ nor would I want to start a thread doing so.

H

happy b

This is the part of "quote" I was referring to, just to clarify things ;)
totally agree with you rub the nub.thats just someone making daft comments.iv had some amazing reversed plants.im currently growing some gsc s2.yes s2,fem seeds made from a plant grown from fem seed and sex wise theyv been 100% stable and dank as fuck.so saying theyr all garbage is just absoloute nonesense.

rubthe nub

rubthe nub

we call those people "kool aid drinkers" over here in the states mate:rolleyes:

H

happy b

It would seem someones deleted posts from this thread.or am i imagining that people are replying to statements that are no longer on this thread.whats the skinny?did i miss something?

str8smokn

str8smokn

Yeah some dude was ranting about DJ Short and breeding hermie's,ranting by himself for about 30 post..Lmao

Latest posts

Top Bottom