Seed Sitting for 6 Years Sprouts!

• Thread starter DelaGrow
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Otto Bonn

Otto Bonn

documenting is good yes you can always go read through the old thread before starting a new grow and make those adjustments to your grow.
i cant even remember my 2nd grow, but i remember my 1st one was a single plant in a 6ft closet under incandescent bulbs. my parent found the plant and told me to rather grow outdoors like a normal person.
My first plant was in high school in the 70s, I had it on my windowsill and Moms saw it wilting and started to water it for me. It was a Male and so pathetic looking but she thought it looked pretty with all the little flowers!😄

DelaGrow

DelaGrow

Hey guys! So I'm thinking harvest is right around the corner. Looking at trichomes through my camera zoom, a large majority are milky, but maybe not quite as much as I'd like. But with her cannibalization, I'm worried if I wait too long I could risk losing yield. I'm thinking of harvesting as early as tomorrow by the looks of her bigger leaves on the buds beginning to curl. Thoughts??

Also does anyone recommend a dark period longer than normal "night" before harvest? I feel like there may be some bro science to darkness before harvest but I'm definitely open to suggestions!

20230204 121753
20230204 121627
20230204 121650
20230204 121703
20230204 121719
GreenGalaxyFarm

GreenGalaxyFarm

Also does anyone recommend a dark period longer than normal "night" before harvest?
definitely not, although trichomes are blocking by now about 9 percent of light needed for photosynthesis a dark period will leave the plants diurnal rhythms unchanged and you will only lose out on photosynthesis during the circadian rhythm which doesn't make sense. a period of continuous light would likely lead to better results and even mature the plant faster depending on light spectrum. but also keeping things as is wont harm

DelaGrow

DelaGrow

definitely not, although trichomes are blocking about 9 percent of light needed for photosynthesis a dark period will leave the plants diurnal rhythms unchanged and you will only lose out on photosynthesis which doesn't make sense.
Yep kinda figured that was the case. I may give her tomorrow as her full last day and harvest Monday morning. I just don't wanna wait too long and lose out while she's still looking good and green in her buds

GreenGalaxyFarm

GreenGalaxyFarm

I just don't wanna wait too long and lose out while she's still looking good and green in her buds
totally understand. however consider that your plant is using up excess nutrients making for better end results

DelaGrow

DelaGrow

totally understand. however consider that your plant is using up excess nutrients making for better end results
Yeah I know I could be losing yield by cutting her down earlier, but I guess am I risking losing more of the harvest by waiting a little longer and her possibly dying out?

GreenGalaxyFarm

GreenGalaxyFarm

Yeah I know I could be losing yield by cutting her down earlier, but I guess am I risking losing more of the harvest by waiting a little longer and her possibly dying out?
''At the end of flowering, there may still be plenty of nutrients left in the growing medium and leaves. To prevent harsh tastes and unsavoury chemicals making their way into your stash, you can simply stop feeding any nutrients in the last 1.5–2 weeks of flowering'' using up the nutrients in her leaves are normal part of the process. how many of you trichomes have turned to amber again? when you are all milky you chop, there will be some amber, the amount of which you want is up to your personal taste.
from: https://www.royalqueenseeds.com/content/47-the-last-weeks-of-blooming#:~:text=In the last two weeks,now slowly turn amber-brown.

GreenGalaxyFarm

GreenGalaxyFarm

Yeah I know I could be losing yield by cutting her down earlier,
i'm guessing that she isn't going to stack on weight much at this point but rather promote ripening.

edit: look to be honest you will definitely find others that would disagree to my method as they have their own preference i'm simply attesting to what has worked for me so far.

hrtbrk3n

hrtbrk3n

I don’t have anything to smoke I’m dabbing a medical thc botanical cartridge :(,,, so I would harvest early. But a god rule of thumb is mostly cloudy with a few amber so something like 70% cloudy, 20% translucent, 10% amber

DelaGrow

DelaGrow

''At the end of flowering, there may still be plenty of nutrients left in the growing medium and leaves. To prevent harsh tastes and unsavoury chemicals making their way into your stash, you can simply stop feeding any nutrients in the last 1.5–2 weeks of flowering'' using up the nutrients in her leaves are normal part of the process. how many of you trichomes have turned to amber again? when you are all milky you chop, there will be some amber, the amount of which you want is up to your personal taste.
from: https://www.royalqueenseeds.com/content/47-the-last-weeks-of-blooming#:~:text=In the last two weeks,now slowly turn amber-brown.
Yep, I stopped feeding her about a week ago and she's only been getting water to flush out any salt buildup. I've seen a lot of different opinions on when to stop watering all together before harvest. Thoughts on that? Some I've heard just time with natural dry pot, some say a week, etc.

In terms of her trichmones, she barely has any amber as of now. Probably about 80% milky, 20% translucent

DelaGrow

DelaGrow

i'm guessing that she isn't going to stack on weight much at this point but rather promote ripening.

edit: look to be honest you will definitely find others that would disagree to my method as they have their own preference i'm simply attesting to what has worked for me so far.
Yeah I figure she's not really gonna add any more weight, I just see her internal leaves starting to curl a bit and worry if I go too much longer. But if that's not much of a concern, then I'm good with pushing her a little longer!

And you're good, I appreciate your input! You and everyone else have helped me learn a ton, so feel free to share anything you'd like!

GreenGalaxyFarm

GreenGalaxyFarm

I've seen a lot of different opinions on when to stop watering all together before harvest. Thoughts on that?
if you find that approach to work for you i would say stick with it. my thoughts are as such, watering is the last of my worries the last week before harvest i would start considering my drying and curing strategy setting and getting my parameters in check. curing at 60/60 for the most part is believed to give the most consistent results. do you have access to a moisture meter. i would almost borrow or buy one at this point.

In terms of her trichmones, she barely has any amber as of now. Probably about 80% milky, 20% translucent
almost there

Last edited:
DelaGrow

DelaGrow

I don’t have anything to smoke I’m dabbing a medical thc botanical cartridge :(,,, so I would harvest early. But a god rule of thumb is mostly cloudy with a few amber so something like 70% cloudy, 20% translucent, 10% amber
Haha I feel that, I had to run to the dispensary a few days ago 😂 but she's hardly amber yet, a few here and there. About 80% milkly, 20% translucent

DelaGrow

DelaGrow

Well guys, I think tomorrow is the day. I know I may be sacrificing a bit of curing time, but her outer sugar leaves starting to curl has me worried. So I've decided I'm gonna chop her tomorrow while her buds are still looking good. Between 80-90% cloudy trichomes, 10% clear and mayyybe 5% amber, so not ideal but I'm hoping she'll still have some nice effects!

Planning to cut her down and remove only the bigger dead/dry outer leaves, but keeping as much of the rest. Thinking 7-10 days for her drying. Appreciate any thoughts, stories, input, or anything on harvesting!

Happy growing all, wish me luck!

20230205 212626
20230205 212632
20230205 212653
Cbdfool

Cbdfool

At this point I wouldn’t worry about hurting her unless you’re over or over watering with weeks to go. If you think it’s ready but she’s showing you she isn’t. Give it a week or two. You def want some amber. She looks good.

DelaGrow

DelaGrow

At this point I wouldn’t worry about hurting her unless you’re over or over watering with weeks to go. If you think it’s ready but she’s showing you she isn’t. Give it a week or two. You def want some amber. She looks good.
I definitely understand that, but isn't there the possibility her buds die out? They're already starting to curl and it hasn't been due to lack of or overwatering. My thought process is that, although I'm sacrificing some potency/effects, I feel like it would be better while she's somewhat healthy. Another week or two and I'm worried I'll kill her or start to run into other major issues. These are all really good thoughts for my next round though!!

Also thanks for stopping in and checking out the grow, really appreciate it!

Top Bottom