Seed Size/variation?

• Thread starter vonwolfen
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
vonwolfen

vonwolfen

Are all cannabis seeds(mature, healthy) basically the same size?..I just opened a pack to pop, and the seeds where noticeably smaller, little to no stripping..Is this just a variation?

opps sorry #12 is the same photo

Aligees seeds tjpg
Aligees seeds tjpg
Aligees seeds tjpg
Aligees seeds tjpg
Bannacis

Bannacis

Cannabis seeds can be various different sizes, to dark green almost black and super small, to a light brownish yellow with black stripes or white lightning looking stripes and bb size.
usually from same plant they should all be similar, they will differ if when harvest some are older and some are preemies. but if all are come to finish and you have different sizes and what not, could be from different father cross pollination.
Just Google cannabis seed shapes, and click images.

Toaster79

Toaster79

Also seeds differ in size when plants are producing different ammounts of seeds. A plant growing only a few seeds will produce much larger seeds than the same plant being heavy pollinated. Again the size and colour are still strain dependent like described before.

vonwolfen

vonwolfen

I thought I would update..I put in 8 seeds(not 6, as above..14 all together in the package. Aligee's Sour T.Wreck) 7 popped. 6 of the 7 have fantastic main root(tap root? is that the correct term?), the 7th seems to be just a slower starter. It looks fine. So we will see.. The 8th seed never popped a root. It opened like a steamed clam shell but there was nothing inside. Not a big deal(its approx a 88% success rate for this package. so far..7 out of 8... with 6 seeds still left)..So I am happy..Thanks for the information..Take Care.

ShroomKing

ShroomKing

Best of luck. Peace
I thought I would update..I put in 8 seeds(not 6, as above..14 all together in the package. Aligee's Sour T.Wreck) 7 popped. 6 of the 7 have fantastic main root(tap root? is that the correct term?), the 7th seems to be just a slower starter. It looks fine. So we will see.. The 8th seed never popped a root. It opened like a steamed clam shell but there was nothing inside. Not a big deal(its approx a 88% success rate for this package. so far..7 out of 8... with 6 seeds still left)..So I am happy..Thanks for the information..Take Care.
You should open a grow diary thread!
Peace

Top Bottom