Seed Strains - Looking for Recommendations

• Thread starter MHippie
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MHippie

MHippie

Supporter
Hello all :) Ancient hippie here trying to get into a newer age growing groove...

Background... used to the classics. Herrer, White Widow, NL, etc. This year I tried something different with HSC. I'm not really happy with what's going on so far. They are WAAAAAAY different than old school strains. I've got Squirt, Purple Mountain Majesty, and Pineapple Muffin.

Squirt:
Came from their 10k plant test. This is a fussy little bitch as a seedling. Very very sensitive to fresh soil. It's almost like you have to gently ease them in somehow or maybe give it a fucking safe space idk. In veg.

PPM: A bit more hearty than Squirt but still on the sensitive site. In veg.

Pineapple Muffin: This one didn't have any delicate sensibilities to worry about. They went down, shot up, went through 4 weeks of veg and then HOLY FUCK they flowered. I didn't do a damned thing. And I didn't buy autoflowering. I tossed one under 24/7 light for two weeks to snap it back, topped it, lst'd the shit out of it, pistels started slowing down and I thought I had won. And then WHOOOOOOSH here comes more. Fuck it. Not fighting mother nature. Into the 12/12 world she goes. These plants ALL stopped height growth at 2ft. Like screeeeeeeech... we're stopping now. Fuck off. They are indica dominant and the first two are 'natural'. All I'm getting out of those two are 18 inch tall softball bats it looks like. There are only 2 viable growth shoots off of the bottom. The buds are covering the stretch. But it's not going to be a White Widow monster cola... not by a long shot. Cloning this one is a BITCH. I do the same thing every time. Rootech cloning gel. Soil. Misting. Wait. No go. Ok General Hydroponics rooting cubes, Rootech, water, misting, dome. No go. General Hydroponics rooting cubes, Rootech, Ferti-Lome rooting feeding solution shit, misting, dome. 2 of 4 took. WTF? PH 6.5

White Widow (old school strain from a buddy. he's ancient too): Heh. No bitching as seedlings. Easy to clone. You can basically throw a bus at one of these things. It's going to duck, tell you to go screw yourself, and get back to business. Monster veg growth. LST'd this one for a variety of reasons but used cushioned bonsai wire to force the branches under the top of the cola area straight out from the stalk. Harvest weight will be the final judge I guess. Cloned 3x. Made a bonsai momma and two more plants to grow out.

Growing Method:

Medium: Baccto brand soil mixed with perlite. I germ like everyone else does. Wet paper towel, germination mat. They pop they go into the dirt in 6 compartment nursery trays with excellent drainage. When the roots max out, they go into 6 - 8 inch pots. When they max those out, they go into their forever home, either 5 or 10 gallon grow bags depending on the strain.

Nutes - Watering - Supplements: I was an Earth Juice guy until recently. Switched to Fox Farms soil trio (grow, bloom, booster). I keep Cal Mag on hand just in case and I think Aquaman turned me onto something else for bloom boosting. It just came in from Amazon today. Will be cool to side by side a couple of same strains between Fox Farms and this other stuff. I'll have to get it out to see what it's called lol. LONG name. Until I get soil depletion, they get no nutes. My grow nutes are barely touched. I water when they need it. I look for slight fan leaf drooping and then let it rip until it runs out of the bottom of the bag.

Lighting: Ok stfu LED guys before you start <-- lol! I've got WAY too much time on my hands. I have the sun. And I have some old flouro 4x2's with fresh bulbs thank God for eBay. They are the little itty bitty skinny ones that put off a fair amount of heat. I use an 18/6 veg light cycle. 12 hours outside, 6 under lights. I use a 12/12 flowering light cycle. Plants are outside from 8am to 8pm. I adjust as the days get short to ensure 12 hours of good light. They go back inside in an air circulated "closet" with zero light penetration.

What I'm Looking For:
I'd like to hook into a short FAT fast predominant indica without diva traits. Hopefully it's been made and I'm just too stupid to figure out how to find it. Anyway, throw it at me. Can't wait for your input :)

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
Hello all :) Ancient hippie here trying to get into a newer age growing groove...

Background... used to the classics. Herrer, White Widow, NL, etc. This year I tried something different with HSC. I'm not really happy with what's going on so far. They are WAAAAAAY different than old school strains. I've got Squirt, Purple Mountain Majesty, and Pineapple Muffin.

Squirt:
Came from their 10k plant test. This is a fussy little bitch as a seedling. Very very sensitive to fresh soil. It's almost like you have to gently ease them in somehow or maybe give it a fucking safe space idk. In veg.

PPM: A bit more hearty than Squirt but still on the sensitive site. In veg.

Pineapple Muffin: This one didn't have any delicate sensibilities to worry about. They went down, shot up, went through 4 weeks of veg and then HOLY FUCK they flowered. I didn't do a damned thing. And I didn't buy autoflowering. I tossed one under 24/7 light for two weeks to snap it back, topped it, lst'd the shit out of it, pistels started slowing down and I thought I had won. And then WHOOOOOOSH here comes more. Fuck it. Not fighting mother nature. Into the 12/12 world she goes. These plants ALL stopped height growth at 2ft. Like screeeeeeeech... we're stopping now. Fuck off. They are indica dominant and the first two are 'natural'. All I'm getting out of those two are 18 inch tall softball bats it looks like. There are only 2 viable growth shoots off of the bottom. The buds are covering the stretch. But it's not going to be a White Widow monster cola... not by a long shot. Cloning this one is a BITCH. I do the same thing every time. Rootech cloning gel. Soil. Misting. Wait. No go. Ok General Hydroponics rooting cubes, Rootech, water, misting, dome. No go. General Hydroponics rooting cubes, Rootech, Ferti-Lome rooting feeding solution shit, misting, dome. 2 of 4 took. WTF? PH 6.5

White Widow (old school strain from a buddy. he's ancient too): Heh. No bitching as seedlings. Easy to clone. You can basically throw a bus at one of these things. It's going to duck, tell you to go screw yourself, and get back to business. Monster veg growth. LST'd this one for a variety of reasons but used cushioned bonsai wire to force the branches under the top of the cola area straight out from the stalk. Harvest weight will be the final judge I guess. Cloned 3x. Made a bonsai momma and two more plants to grow out.

Growing Method:

Medium: Baccto brand soil mixed with perlite. I germ like everyone else does. Wet paper towel, germination mat. They pop they go into the dirt in 6 compartment nursery trays with excellent drainage. When the roots max out, they go into 6 - 8 inch pots. When they max those out, they go into their forever home, either 5 or 10 gallon grow bags depending on the strain.

Nutes - Watering - Supplements: I was an Earth Juice guy until recently. Switched to Fox Farms soil trio (grow, bloom, booster). I keep Cal Mag on hand just in case and I think Aquaman turned me onto something else for bloom boosting. It just came in from Amazon today. Will be cool to side by side a couple of same strains between Fox Farms and this other stuff. I'll have to get it out to see what it's called lol. LONG name. Until I get soil depletion, they get no nutes. My grow nutes are barely touched. I water when they need it. I look for slight fan leaf drooping and then let it rip until it runs out of the bottom of the bag.

Lighting: Ok stfu LED guys before you start <-- lol! I've got WAY too much time on my hands. I have the sun. And I have some old flouro 4x2's with fresh bulbs thank God for eBay. They are the little itty bitty skinny ones that put off a fair amount of heat. I use an 18/6 veg light cycle. 12 hours outside, 6 under lights. I use a 12/12 flowering light cycle. Plants are outside from 8am to 8pm. I adjust as the days get short to ensure 12 hours of good light. They go back inside in an air circulated "closet" with zero light penetration.

What I'm Looking For:
I'd like to hook into a short FAT fast predominant indica without diva traits. Hopefully it's been made and I'm just too stupid to figure out how to find it. Anyway, throw it at me. Can't wait for your input :)
Have you grown Critical? Seems like it might be along the lines you are looking for. Indica dominant hybrid, short, huge buds...

MHippie

MHippie

Supporter
Have you grown Critical? Seems like it might be along the lines you are looking for. Indica dominant hybrid, short, huge buds...
I haven't grown Critical. But I'll try anything twice :) Sounds like that's exactly what I'm looking for. Appreciate it.

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
I haven't grown Critical. But I'll try anything twice :) Sounds like that's exactly what I'm looking for. Appreciate it.
Dr. B had a grow diary growing a variety of it. You can find a standard version at ILGM. It's super popular in Spain. A Big Bud competitor from Mr. Nice Seeds originally.

Fuzzy_Buzzy

Fuzzy_Buzzy

"Prayer Pupil" a photoperiod fem strain by MASS MEDICAL has been the closest thing to 1972 Thai Stick I have grown. Incredible high, decent yielder.......sensitive to full dose nutes, go easy.

Top Bottom