seeded females

• Thread starter jim jones
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
jim jones

jim jones

Ok i didnt really know where to post this so im go a put it in here.

Im planning on buying a pack or reg seeds to make more seeds, now i know people take cuts from every female then grow out them out and sample each one to select the best pheno to cross with the favoured male. But i dont have the time or space to do it this way, so what ive decided to do is choose the best male and pollinate every females lower branches but leave the main cola so i can smoke each pheno to decide which is best coz we all know to select the best pheno we have to see how it smokes and not just go by looks.

So basically what i need to know is when a females lower branches are pollinated does the unpollinated part of the plant still grow as normal or would seed production affect the growth or taste of the final product.

Classic Remix

Classic Remix

the plant will still use strength to make beans. just do a branch or two on each pheno, that will give you plenty of beans (assuming you dusted well) to work with.

but let me ask.....

so you dont have time to work out the best of the abilities? then dont expect the best. furthermore, what with the seeds then??? i dont understand how you dont have an extra month or two for good breeding versus bean popping veg bean popping etc.... if you were really in a rush for time why dont you take cuts? it just seems hypocritical to be "in a rush" when breeding and growing with seeds. it would ultimately be cheaper probably to buy a few packs of 50$ beans, that actually had time and work put in to it.

then you could use your space for the dank you're looking for, not just hoping your good mom and (i havent even gotten into the dad pollen thing... how do you know it would be a decent dad? you wouldnt) and be way less stressed and way more pleased.

just my honest opinion.

jim jones

jim jones

Thanks for the reply

My situation is that im going to se asia for 4 months where i can grow these. If i was to take cuts and wait to grow them out and sample them i wouldnt have time to pollinate and collect seeds from my selected pheno. I figured if i did it the way i said i would have time to get seeds from the best pheno.

Classic Remix

Classic Remix

ehhh i mean with 4 months you really think thats enough time to do everything and have time to sample anything worth dried and cured to even know what was the best?

there are too many what ifs, like i said, after equip. nutes time space and everything,

just buy some packs of beans that were already tested, with a lot more than starting with like a pack or two to work with, and no time stress or trouble.

4 months isnt near enough time. unless your name is swerve and you get to be in High times mag with your foot tall plants. cool bro!

tattoojim

tattoojim

Unknown farmer
Supporter
male selection is harder than female selection ;)..if you have 4 males and 8 females..what male you gonna choose to be the donor?? ;)

Top Bottom