Seeded Plants,do They Look Ready???

• Thread starter kansabis
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
K

kansabis

I have 2 plants tga subcool's The third dimension pollinated by a Bodhi lemon lotus,they were hit with the pollen around 4wks into flower and Saturday will be day 60 of flower. This is my first seed run and I want to make sure the seeds are mature enough before harvesting. What do yall think?? Sorry no pics atm,will get some tonight when I get home.

K

kansabis

That long? Third dimension is a 7-8wk strain and lemon lotus is probably 10 max

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
I have 2 plants tga subcool's The third dimension pollinated by a Bodhi lemon lotus,they were hit with the pollen around 4wks into flower and Saturday will be day 60 of flower. This is my first seed run and I want to make sure the seeds are mature enough before harvesting. What do yall think?? Sorry no pics atm,will get some tonight when I get home.
Kinda hard to tell...

MGG Nubie

MGG Nubie

Let em pop. you see seeds falling into the grow medium they're ripe:). I always chop soon knowing I have a pollinated. But it seemed they matured (the seeds) while buds were curing. In buds cured for a couple weeks after hanging the seeds were greener with some darker plantable, and I did. You get into two month of cure and most seeds are dark with character. Some small some smaller. Again plantable. Just let her do her thing. She'll let you know. Best with your strain. It's going to be da bomb. Peace.

K

kansabis

Let em pop. you see seeds falling into the grow medium they're ripe:). I always chop soon knowing I have a pollinated. But it seemed they matured (the seeds) while buds were curing. In buds cured for a couple weeks after hanging the seeds were greener with some darker plantable, and I did. You get into two month of cure and most seeds are dark with character. Some small some smaller. Again plantable. Just let her do her thing. She'll let you know. Best with your strain. It's going to be da bomb. Peace.
Thnx kinda along my line of thought.

K

kansabis

Pluck a few seeded calyxes and what's hiding in there. The easiest way to do it. Unless thoae calyxes are cracked and you can actually see the sees. Then younhave no need to pluck.
Yeah I will most likely pluck a couple off each plant tonight to check em,some of the pods look close to opening and others don't.

K

kansabis

And from what I've read and heard I should wait around a couple months before trying to germinate these seeds for a better germ rate and to make sure they are fully ripe and ready????

K

kansabis

WP 20180316 002
WP 20180316 001
WP 20180316 003
WP 20180316 004

dankninja

dankninja

And from what I've read and heard I should wait around a couple months before trying to germinate these seeds for a better germ rate and to make sure they are fully ripe and ready????

correct-ish.. look up the slow-dry method for seeds. squish test them, dry them, germ test them.

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

nah them aint ready,let the plant scavage itself bro,them seeds will fall right off if you let the plant yellow out like your water curing your buds,not only better this way,but harvest is also cleaner and easier,when there mature enough,put buds in a strainer and run your thumb nail right up the bud,they will bounce right on out,if wet it is a nightmare to harvest them imo,about the wait time before pop seeds,i dont know about all that,my last breed,the blue dream and gold blaze,i took 6 of them seeds i just harvested and bounced them right into dirt,just harvest them also great smoke,,when that plant look so sad it mama dont even wont to look at it,thats when you harvest them,lol

dankninja

dankninja

had one chem seed fall off and plant itself in same pot, no dry period...still a good idea IMO. all depends on when you pollinated, and when they are ready. might be mature enough to fall off, probably dry by then

K

kansabis

Thnx for all the help and info everyone,the plants were harvested on Sunday and have been roughly trimmed and hanging to dry ever since. I plucked a few pods and all were mature and solid except for one that squished but was a loner on the very bottom. I'll post pics later on of the harvested beans and stuff.

Top Bottom