Seeded?

• Thread starter mello
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
mello

mello

Spotted some nanners at 5 weeks into flower. A few days later I'm inspecting my girls VERY closely and I'm concerned they may be developing seeds. I've found what appear to be undeveloped seedlings when I poke and prod at the buds. However, it could just be normal growth that I've never noticed before because I'm not usually dissecting my girls at this stage.

Check the pics. I'd love to hear some opinions. Thanks in advance.

Tahoe 1
Tahoe 2
Tahoe 3
Tahoe 4
Tahoe 5
westcoast547

westcoast547

Breeder
Supporter
I spotted some seeds in the first pic. Take a look at where I circled, then look at your enlarged photo to see what I'm talking about. Then go check your plants. I think I also see seeds in pics 2 and 5.

Tahoe_1.jpeg

mello

mello

Hey Westcoast, thanks for the reply man.

Good eye, that's what I thought looked suspect.

Do seeds typically present themselves directly like this? I thought they would be found within a calyx?

westcoast547

westcoast547

Breeder
Supporter
Hey Westcoast, thanks for the reply man.

Good eye, that's what I thought looked suspect.

Do seeds typically present themselves directly like this? I thought they would be found within a calyx?

No problem man. Glad I could help. Yeah seeds are formed within the calyxes, but sometimes (depending on the strain) the seeds get so huge that they pop out of the calyx like that while they're still maturing. Being able to see the seeds is the obvious way to find out if your plant has been seeded. But if the seeds aren't showing like that, what you want to look for is if the calyx has a bright white seam running down the top of it. Calyxes with bright white seams on them are a pretty good indication that there is a seed in there. Here are a few examples from some plants that I recently pollinated to give you an idea of what that seam looks like.

seeded_blackberry_widow.jpg

seeded_db_cooper.jpg

westcoast547

westcoast547

Breeder
Supporter
I noticed that you couldn't really see the seams in the pics that I posted. So here are a few more pics that show the seams on the calyxes better (just in case anybody needs to know what they look like). The reason for the seam is so the seed can pop out of the calyx and drop when it is mature. It allows the seeds to grow to maturity without being constricted by the calyx.

bcs_seeded.JPG

seeded_blackberry_widow1.jpg

seeded_plant.JPG

B

bulldog74

Hey Mello, is that a sour Diesel? Looks just like mine. I almost always get a few seeds. Just harvested a sour d with tons. I beleive the problem was due to a light leak. This plant was right next to my dehumidifyer. The dehumidifyer has about a dozen little green lights. Well since the lights were green I thought that it wouldnt be a problem, because plants dont s"see green". Well I ended up covering all of the lights and we will see if that solves the problem. Also I have noticed in the last couple of years that pot seems to have more bagseed. I am assuming this is because of the feminized seed craze that has swept the industry. I have found that feminized genetics tend to throw more nanners off then regular seed genetics. Some plants are prone to late nanners anyway but i think that the whokle fem thing has made it worse. The seeds should be female though.

mello

mello

Bulldog,
It's Tahoe OG from Cali Connection. Don't remember if they were feminized.
Thanks for your input.

Top Bottom