Seedling advice - adjustments to make?

• Thread starter VtGrow1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
V

VtGrow1

Hey everyone,

I'm a first-time grower - starting my plants indoors before moving outdoors once the threat of frost is gone.

I've got a VERY basic setup in my basement. A 2 ,4 foot T5 fixture set up in a closet space - walls are lined with tinfoil.

My seeds are Blue Cheese - germinated in straight up well water. I planted with in quart size yogurt containers - they were filled with Black Gold Potting Soil w/fertilizer - in the center, I dug out about a dixie cup size area and filled that with seed starter - germinated seeds went in there.

My first one popped up within 4 days, the last within 6.

My planters are aligned in a straight line, underneath the 2 bulbs. From the start, the 2 on each end of the line have lagged behind and they're the reason I'm posting.

One is standing, but doesnt seem to have fully opened up. The other looks like it is starting to wilt and wants to lay down. They're both only about an inch in height. I've been watering 2x daily with a mister - the soil "looks" dry each time I water (at least in the center, where the seed starter is). My tallest seedling (2 inches at 10 days) looked like it was starting to stretch, so I've dropped the light down - the fixture is probably around 4-6 inches above the cups. The lights are on 24 hrs (thought I would do that until they got going a little). The temp is 64 degrees at the thermostat - presumably warmer under the lights - they're by no means hot, but you can feel some warmth.

I'm incline to "give it the weekend", but I'm curious if people have thoughts on why my 2 on the ends might be having such a hard time - laying down, never really never opening up. When do you pull the plug and focus your efforts on what you have? What is a good success rate for a first timer with a minimal set up like myself?

Thanks for your insight

V

VtGrow1

Havent give these ladies names yet - we'll see if they live, first. I've been journaling this as #1
0317230849b

V

VtGrow1

This one is #5 - this one is the worst of my 5 - just wants to lay there - I can prop it back up, but...
0317230850a HDR

Top Bottom